OfficeMax Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Store Associate Interview Questions

2.1

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a few days later. interviewed not long after. Spent two hours in the office talking. Discussed why I wanted the position, told a little about myself, was quizzed on what I knew about the company, the sales process, how I interact with people. Was told I was hired by the end of the interview and when to appear for work. Unfortunately, the manager that hired me was leaving the day after my interview and failed to give details of my hire to the assistant manager. I showed up for work and was told they had no idea who I was or why I showed up. They kept me anyway, I just started later than planned. It was one of the most unusual processes I have ever been apart of. Apparently I was the second person that "just showed up for work" that this manager had hired, but told no one that he had done so....

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I got interviewed twice. Once by the store manager and once by the assistant store manager. The store manager, Mark, is really laid back and really talks to you about your past experience and gets to know you better. The assistant store manager that doesn't work there anymore wanted me to sell him a desk that was in the store, so be prepared to have a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I am a customer and sell me this desk over here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You start at $9.00. Not sure how it changed with the minimum wage increase.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I filled out the application online and within a few days a got a call for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and straightforward. The manager interviewing me was very friendly and actually responded to my answers. Other interviews I've had the person just wrote down my answer and continued to the next question.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I thought I'd be good for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She went to file some paperwork, came back and said she'd like to extend an offer. She said that since I was in college my started wage would be $8/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Fairfield, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple, had to take a drug test and interview with one of the managers on duty. The manager that interviewed be was very relax and chill overall the process took about two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Stockton, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.com over the summer of 2014. I was contacted a week later by the Store Manager for an in-person interview. I interviewed in his office for about 45 minutes and heard back a week later with an offer. I started right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Okemos, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I talked to two people during my interview, one asked the standard questions, the other i just talked too. It was very easy but we didnt stay in one place, kind of annoying.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

Put in an application with the in-store kiosk, got a call about 2 weeks later over the phone and set up an interview for Thursday (the next day) did a drug screen that same day and was called in for training on Sunday.

Interview Questions

• What would be your idea of good customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online and the next day got a call to go in for a same day interview. When I got there, I was told to go over to the furniture section to wait for my interviewer. When she came over we went through the basic questions (tell me about yourself; why did you apply to our store; what career I wanted when I graduated from college) then she told me a little more about the job description. After we went through everything, she asked me what days/times I have classes (to work out my schedule), what I expected the pay for the position to be (to see if we were on the same page), and if I could see myself working here. I was offered the position at the end, and filled out the paperwork for the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions I was asked, I had found online through a "job interview questions" search. I wasn't really expecting the question about pay though.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Statesboro, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. Interview was one-on-one and seemed to go fine. The assistant manager said that he would either call me that night or the next day. He ended up calling me a week later and sent me off to do a drug test. It's been two weeks since then and I hadn't heard anything back so I just called the store and the manager said that they are waiting on my background check. He said that because I have lived in a couple of different places in the past year and a half it takes a little while longer for those results but they generally take a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation yet, haven't even really been told if it's part time or full time or what my pay will be (I'm assuming it'll be minimum wage because that's what I put on the application)

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Holland, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application, a few days later they called to set up an interview. I went in, they had me sit in their furniture section, and they met me there. They asked the basic "how would you handle -blank- situation" questions. The main thing it takes to get hired is a professional attitude, answers to each question, and passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult, really just seeing how you would react to different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much I'd like to make an hour, I said minimum wage, they came back with that they always offer at least $8/hr.