OfficeMax Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied on company website. Contacted by a recruiter several weeks later. Job I applied for was filled internally. Four months later the same recruiter contacted me again. Two phone interviews, followed by District manager interview, then a final phone interview with two other district
Managers in lieu of the regional VP being available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interview process was average. Recruiter, DM, 2nd DM, HR, Regional. Very basic and easy questions. Tell me about a time when....

First GM interview I've ever had that was 100% scripted.

Interview Questions

Offer was relatively low for market and my needs. Offered 62 and 3k bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Marquette, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked canned questions didn't seem to be good communication between district mgr and corp office when asked what I would do if hired to make improvements I should have been more honest and pointed out deficiencies like office was very dirty and not organized department displays were not up to standards . Never heard back after 2nd interview should have been a decline thanks for interest etc not very professional

Interview Questions

• What would you do if hired in first 30/60 days   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I was working for the company already as an assistant store manager when I was referred to the district manager for promotion. Our district manager interviewed every assistant store manager to get a bearing on where his district talent stood. Apparently he picked me and another candidate as his top two. About nine months later is was called for an interview for the store manager position by the district manager. He asked me primarily what I had learned under the two store managers I worked for. He asked what I might do differently than they did. He also asked me what kind of plans I would make for turning around a slow store in our district. There are other things he asked by I cannot recall all of them.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about your current store manager's policy or expectations?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I completed an application found on officemax website, one day later I got a call from their recruiting department. I had a 30 minute phone interview and was immediately scheduled for a second phone interview with HR. the questions are the same typical questions all managers should be accustomed to; they want to know about your experience dealing with operations, staffing and and sales. I was scheduled for a third interview with the district manager at the location I would be running. My third interview was pretty much the same as the second interview. I had a fourth interview which was much more relaxed; after that interview i was told i had the job within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• .What do you look for when You hire people? this is a hard question because of my experience of interviewing people that i though was a grate first that turned out to be disasters and vice versa. It is hard to truly tell how a candidate will perform during an interview and I dont want to say that during my interview so I usually give the normal corporate BS answer. I really look at the past experience of the candidate and grill them on how they handle different situations, how good are they with coaching and following up on commitments.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax in October 2013.

Interview

Normal interview for position, with detailed questions about P&L and metrics. Big focus on people development. Requirement of full compliment of skills and balance of qualifications.

Interview Questions

• I expected at this level for the questions to be detailed and commensurate with the job level.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Regional HR, Then DM and LP

Interview Questions

• What does the perfect sales team consist of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they were open and honest about pay abilities and increase if the right person where hired. I came in at top scale with my experience level.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interviewed as an Assistant Manager for Logistics. position later changed to Assistant Store Manager. Later promoted to Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, was interviewed at a job fair for a new location. First interview was with a store manager from the district followed by an interview with the District Manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was asked what I expected for pay in addition to standard benefit package. I quoted a number and they took that. Learned later that I offered a low number and they jumped on it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

You talk to the manager and answer questions. District Manager would ask questions about leadership, customer service, personnel question, accountability, cash balancing. Afterwards we talked sports, family and vacations. The process lasted about an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional hr recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The day of the interview I called and left a voice mail message. The recruiter called me back about 30 minutes later and stated she had no record of my scheduled phone interview, but said she had time if I had time. We spoke for about an hour and the end of the interview, I was informed that my résumé and interview notes would be passed on to the local regional manager for the store that had the opening. A week has gone by and I never heard anything!!! Not an over all positive impression of the recruiting process.