OfficeTeam Staffing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeTeam Staffing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeTeam.

Interview

The hiring process can be quite lengthy between the interviews and background check etc. On the final interview you meet your potential team and shadow someone to get a feel for what the position is all about. Thorough interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeTeam

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeTeam (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was straight to the point, interviewed with 2 division managers and branch manager. Was called in for a shadowing to see what a day at the office would consist of.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeTeam in January 2016.

Interview

4 interviews first two was phone screen second was in office third was main office
    Extensive process can be daunting. I prefer shorter processes for interview, two steps is preferredon my side. Three interviews felt like a lot

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeTeam (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very positive experience, interviewed for another role that led to an internal opening. The person that interviewed me had great energy and has been with the company for a very long time.

Interview Questions

• If I liked helping others and how did I feel in regards to making warm calls.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeTeam (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process was quick but challenging. I had a conversation with a recruiter, who bubbled my resume up to the Regional Manager. I met with him first, then proceeded to meet with the Branch Manager, Division Director, and another staffing manager. The questions were similar, as if they were vetting me for the level of hard work that was going to go into it. It was honestly scary, especially as a recent graduate. Made me fully aware that I was going to constantly outside of my comfort zone.

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeTeam in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was first with Division Director, then the Branch Manager, then the Regional Manager. This was followed by a shadowing type interview, and then offer. There was an open dialogue and communication the entire time. There was a distinct step by step approach, and I feel that the Interviewers were very open with regards to my competition for the position and where they were at in their own thought process.

Interview Questions

• Is this something you plan on doing for a career? Do you see yourself here in 5+ years?   1 Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeTeam in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was like any other. If they need you, they'll hire you ASAP. In my case, the need was urgent. I secured an offer fairly quickly. The interview was about 4 hours because I was lucky enough to meet the entire chain of command in one day. Otherwise, it'd take a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview consisted of me describing my previous sales experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeTeam (Stamford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for position in Stamford CT branch. A recruiter pulled my resume off careerbuilder, called me for an interview. Interviewed twice, first interview with recruiter in private room. Basic interview, asked about experiences on my resume- a lot of 'tell me about that'. No curve balls, went well, had second interview two days later. Was shown the main trading floor, shadowed a recruiter, then had interview with branch manager, went well. Followed up a week later saying that they enjoyed meeting with me, but wanted someone with more experience. They were courteous and professional, and took the time to call me to tell me I didn't get the job, rather than an automated message or no communication.

Interview Questions

• Asking me to talk about experiences that did not necessarily relate to the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeTeam (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I visited three different offices during the hiring process. Everyone I met with was very friendly and personable. I initially applied for another position online that wasn't related to the Staffing Manager role, but after I was sent an email regarding the opportunity and I expressed interest. I met with the Market Manager to get a sense of culture fit, based on positions the region was hiring for. Then sent to meet with the Branch Manager at another office. Final interview was with the district president at the largest office. The final interview was most intimidating. While waiting to interview I was greeted by many friendly employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeTeam (Merrillville, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

The process started when a female employee of the Merrillville, IN Office Team (a division of Robert Half) contacted me about my resume. We discussed their goals as well as my own. She told me they had a Staffing Manager going on maternity / medical leave, they were looking to add a 5th SM whether that employee came back to work or not. She said they were eager to hire asap and had already interviewed a number of candidates and would like to get me in asap. I asked about compensation and she stated that the opportunity carried a base + commission arrangement, with a base of 35-40k. At that point she asked to set up a time to come in for an interview for the next or following day.

I showed up for my interview, they had me fill out some paperwork, then I interviewed with her. She and I seem to really hit it off, she complimented me on my professional approach and seemed genuinely excited about my potential with them. She then told me I'd meet with her boss.

He came in, and we discussed the opportunity and my background. He seemed a little less enthusiastic, but warmed during the discussion after I showed him some of my accomplishments and discussing my goals. This is where things began to go wrong, and downright unproffessional on their part. He specifically asked if I had knowledge of the salary range, and I said yes "She mentioned it was 35-40k" which she had indicated on the phone. At this point he paused, then notified me that her number was incorrect, and that it was more "around 35k". Now it's okay for an organization to change their salary structure, but you'd think when interviewing (especially at a staffing firm) they'd know to discuss the salary range amongst themselves BEFORE interviewing.

Even with the strange exchange, I took it in stride, and told him I was still interested (which I was, but I was still hoping to negotiate a salary on the high end based on my previous salaries and experience). He indicated he would be in touch the Monday after Thanksgiving about the next interview (with his boss), and specifically asked that I let them know if I decided to take another role. This naturally leads me to believe I am a candidate they wish to consider for the next step, but at the very least, I know I will have an answer on 11/26. Since there was a week inbetween, I made sure to send a thank you to each of them the following day, as well as to wish them a happy holiday while including some bullet points as to why I was the candidate they were looking for.

That Monday came around, and no word. I left vm's for the first both interviewees, requesting a follow up call to notify if I was still in the running. Another day went by and nothing. Late that Wednesday I dropped an e-mail asking if I was still in consideration, and again no response from either. I called the following Monday for my 1st contact, and the receptionist specifically told me she indicated I should talk with her boss and that he was not available, and to leave another VM. I did. No response.

Based on this unprofessional experience, I would not recommend applicants pursue an opportunity with OFFICE TEAM / Robert Half in Merrillville, Indiana. I can't think of anything more disrespectful than to have a company inquire about your availability, take hours of your time both on the phone and in person, then not to bother to follow up by phone or e-mail. It's insulting. On top of all this, the fact that they work in the employment industry makes this that much more inexcusable. I can only speak for my experience with this office- here's to hoping the other OFFICE TEAM branches are run better.