Ofgem Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Dates for closing application were changed mid way through application.

Method of application differed from the normal Ofgem method.

Interview held by 2 senior members of staff who had no idea what the job entails, questions were genetic and not tailored to the job

Assistant Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had all notifications via email. It took about 3/4 weeks before getting the intial email invitation to interview. I then had to book a slot. I had to travel to London and all the people I met were very nice and friendly. One of the people interviewing me was there via video conference which was a bit disconcerting for a bit. I had no test and no presentation, however I did prepare a great deal for the interview - I researched Ogem and made sure that I had redone all my interview examples to follow the STAR format. There were 4 general competancy questions and then 2 that there relevant to the actual job. Make sure you keep the job description when you apply because the competancies they are marking you on are shown on the job description

Knowledge Assistant and Information Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting for me to book a slot for an interview about a month later.

Three people interviewed me, but I did not know who would be interviewing me in advance.

I am still awaiting feedback, three weeks after I was notified I did not get the role. the whole process is very computer automated.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all the same that have been posted on here previously, so that helped. They were all competency based questions and you had to use the STAR format to answer them. What do you know about Ofgem. Give an example of how you managed conflict. Give an example of a time you made a change.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Competency based interview with a panel of three. No background questions at all. In general they were kind but did not seem to care about my skills. Very basic questions based on the role description.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial question was - Why do you want this job?

It was a competency based interview based upon the competencies listed in the role profile. 4 competency based questions followed by 3 role specific questions.

It was one hour long and it was conducted by a panel of three people. They were very friendly and so long as you have done plenty of preparation, the interview is a breeze.

Analyst, Electricity Distribution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The whole interview lasts approximately 1h30. The first half-hour consisted of an Excel test. The remaining hour is a competency-based interview. The interviewers want to see if you meet all four competencies. Use the STAR approach to answer these questions!! There are then more technical questions pertaining to the role.

Interview Questions

• -According to you, what information should be included in XYZ report?
      -Should all electricity distributors be regulated in the same way?   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Five minutes Presentation followed by 15 minutes of questions about topic.
    Competency and job specific questions for 45 minutes. Competencies were the general civil service competencies the framework for this can be accessed online.

Interview Questions

• What do you think ofgem should focus on over the next 6 months?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Standard. Usual interview questions. Nothing challenging. The interview was carried out by 2 members of staff following an excel test which lasted approximately 30 mins. The interview was fairly relaxed and was made to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you have overcome
      What do you see yourself doing in 3-5 years time   Answer Question