Ogilvy Account Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy Account Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Ogilvy

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with the Senior lead on the account, HR and MD. Went through several interviews, took a long time to sort out interview times/face to face meetings. Interviews went well. I was told that they would organize a meeting with the team for next steps and then later on after following up, was informed the job went to someone else which was a shock. I emailed to find out more information and no one ever got back to me. Very surprising.

Would massively appreciate Management and leadership team to give more clarity and feedback to help support everyone along this journey. Massively hoping that things get better for this year. All the best!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with this client?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

This was a long, drawn-out, somewhat brutal interview process. I met with easily a dozen people in the practice. What started out as a very specific opening for one particular account morphed into a general opening that would be customized for me. It seemed that the senior leadership really liked my background and skill set, but were unsure where to place me. As a result, I came into the office at least five times to meet with different people to see if maybe I would be a good fit for this or that account. While I appreciate that the company wanted to put me in a position that I would enjoy and have the potential for growth, it was frustrating to continuously get emails from HR asking me to come in one more time to meet with one more person. It seemed that they were not respectful of my time and the fact that I was taking time off from my current job to interview.

I took a writing test, submitting references, and then... nothing. I followed up only to learn that while the team was very interested in bringing me on board, they did not have the budget for a new hire. While we are still speaking, I felt misled by the process. I would advice that Ogilvy PR ensure that there is a real need for the position before starting the interview process - while networking and informal interviews are important, expectations should be clear on both sides.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Be sure to ask the right questions. In any large organization you can enter through one door but end up working in something you weren't interested in.

Negotiation

Negotiate hard because once you're in your hands are tied.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who new enough to be dangerous but when pressed for more information could not / would not disclose due to confidentiality regarding the role and responsibilities or the client. I felt like there was a job. I just did not know what it was until after the first interview. Once I knew they liked me, the hiring manager opened up and gave the real job overview. However, it took nearly 4 months before I finished the final interview and then started at the company. Too long. At one point, I had another offer and that is what spurred action to make me the offer I needed to move from my current job.

Interview Questions

• " How would you manage a difficult peer? " That should have clued me into the type of culture and internal politics of the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for what I needed and they gave it. I guess it was a little harder for them to find the talent they thought was important so they were willing to bend. Thankfully.

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy.

Interview

Passed three interview and the official Ogilvy test, TRUFFLES