Ogilvy Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Ogilvy

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Very standard interview process - background questions, situational/behavioral, and "tell me about a time when...". It was a pretty fast process to hear back on next steps. HR was communicative and helpful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, followed by 3 individual 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers at the Ogilvy office. Once the interviews were completed, I also had an additional meeting with 1 senior manager of the team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was living in another state at the time and HR and the team were very flexible to have the entire interview process through phone and skype interviews. I had one skype interview with three people in a row, basic questions about my background, nothing too difficult. Then one follow up phone interview with a fourth person. Intense / long background check done after I was given / accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for one account, but due to budget cuts, ended up on a different account. Know this going into interviews that you may end up on a different team; if they like you, they'll find a place.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ogilvy.

Interview

I was brought on full time after interning and had no formal interview after being brought on full time, so my experience is a bit different. I had to complete a writing test, but I was comfortable with the group and there was no need to interview me further.

Interview Questions

• The intern application was pretty intense, two full essay questions that really made you think about public relations and branding. This might have changed as I was an intern 3 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

you are not able to negotiate if you are hired as a junior staffer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy.

Interview

Contacted alumni and directed to HR. HR responded quickly but suggested lower level than originally applied for. Phone interview with HR, followed by 2 on site interviews: first interview with 4 managers about 45 minutes each. Second on site interview was with group director/practice head and president of office; reserved for candidate they want to offer but have to get final approval from those folks.

Interview Questions

• I personally despise behavioral questions and that was the bulk of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I went into the interview thinking I was going for one brand, and it turns out I was interviewing 3 different groups of people for 3 different positions. It was confusing, and their HR department seems really scattered and disorganized. I left and then was called back for what I thought was a 2nd interview, but it turns out I was interviewing for 2 more positions. I did not get any of them because they hired someone with exact experience- even though one of the women was telling me straight up she wanted me on her team. Over all it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Received phone call approximately two weeks later to schedule another in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell how your experience at your previous job related to the position we are hiring for   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview went really well and initial feedback from the recruiter was excellent. I really had my hopes up. They said they hoped to have an answer within a few days, so I followed up...and followed up....and followed up.....and followed up and they kept telling me "soon we will have a decision soon." They either filled the position with someone other than me or it never came to fruition. I just felt that they could have informed me either way instead of stringing me along for so long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

They reached out to me and said they were interested. Then I had a 20-30 min chat with HR to talk about if it would be a good fit. After that HR set up an initial interview with 3 people for 45 min each. The first team member didn't know what position I was interviewing for. The second was my boss and was well prepared. The third knew what I was interviewing for but didn't seem as prepared. It was more informal with the first and third. The second was still relaxed, but definitely had questions prepared. The third person walked me out so I didn't see HR again. Ask HR about when you will hear and any other questions before because they won't see you after they drop you to your interview room. They've requested a second round interview with more senior management. Seems very unnecessary especially because they sought me out and its not a very high position.

Interview Questions

• Questions are standard. Nothing completely unexpected came up.   1 Answer

Haven't gotten the official offer yet, but I was not that interested in the job.