Ogilvy Account Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy Account Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Ogilvy

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, along with two essay responses and a recommendation. I was contacted a month after for a first round Skype interview with an account manager. It was pretty standard question, very conversational and she was genuinely just interested in getting to know me and my experiences highlighted on my resume. Very few behavioral questions. A week after, I was passed on to the next round, another Skype interview with an HR recruiter. Same deal, conversational, really wanted to get to know me. Overall, a very pleasant experience. Got an offer via phone and email from the recruiter less than a week after my second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was made by the HR team via LinkedIn. The first step was a fast phone interview to inform about positions and confirm experience. A separate person will schedule the in-person interview--mine was rather presumptuous with my time, not informing me how much time to set aside and trying to book an additional round of interviews with an additional team without my knowledge.

I was there for 3+ hours and met with five members of the team. All of them were incredibly nice, looking for detailed information about experience and strategic points of view. I was offered to come back to meet with more people, but declined because I didn't feel the chemistry with the team.

Interview Questions

• I think that Ogilvy asks team members to throw a "curveball" question at the end of each interview. Each person that had time to ask me a last question asked a rather unexpected question. The two I remember are "What is one impression I have of you that is not true" and "Name a song that would be on the soundtrack of your life."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

At Ogilvy, you end up meeting about 5 to 6 people for an interview, in most cases. You have to be fully prepared not to let this throw you off, especially when you get the feeling that some of them have not been fully briefed on why they are interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in seeing whether my experience was a good fit for the potential job, given the industry and the brands. In addition, they were interested to determine if I would be a good fit with the clients from the point of view of having good client chemistry.   1 Answer

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was very laid back - one session with a business case to develop a marketing campaign under a certain scenario. Next, there were two separate sessions with managers who asked soft questions about my personality and also questions regarding the marketing and advertising industry.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and excellent. I applied for the same position in both the Singapore and Hong Kong offices and had a telephone and Skype interview with each respectively. The recruiters would be my eventual managers and were very enthusiastic.