Ogilvy Account Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy Account Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Ogilvy

2.9

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with HR Director, who asked me simple questions about my resume - and also shared the salary range posted for this position. At the end of the phone interview, directed me to interview with this position's direct supervisor.

Three days later, met with direct supervisor and they asked, again, simple questions about my resume. They did tell me about the clients served and asked what I think they should do to get the word out about their client's initiative. I asked plenty of questions about their work atmosphere, team dynamic, day-to-day tasks, and long-term prospectives in terms of promotions, etc. At the end of the interview, they directed me to interview with the 3 VPs handling the major account.

A week later, after nudging the HR Director to make sure they had scheduled my interview, I interviewed with the 3 VPs. They asked very direct questions about my current employer, why I want to leave, what I wanted to gain out of this experience, and about my work experience with media, community outreach, etc - all of which were pertinent to the position for which I applied. At the end of the interview, they said they would get back to me.

Two hours later, the HR Director called and said the office was impressed and ready to make an offer - and went on to discuss salary. We began a week-long series of salary/benefit negotiations and at the end, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• You work for X - they are not friendly with our client - how will you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary only - benefits, PTO, and earlier opportunities for raise/promotion were not on the table for discussion.

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy.

Interview

The process consisted of several interviews. They make you feel comfortable and they are welcoming. There is a writing test at the end.

Negotiation

The HR person was very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was a pretty easy and familiar process. They were very fair in negotiating. The one on ones were with the individual team members and not super complicated.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contact by an internal recruiter (Ogilvy does not work with third party recruiters) about a role and I had a phone interview with HR, and a follow-up with the hiring manager and 1 more team member. The interview was pretty standard: we walked through my resume and previous experience and they told me about the role they were hiring for. I was a little surprised at how long it took for them to follow-up, which I've heard from A LOT of people, but I finally heard back 3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked standard questions about my experience. Nothing too tough, but definitely depends on the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy in November 2009.

Interview

1:1 interview, phone interview, roundtable interview with other people on account

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

When questions were asked, the interviewers did not have an answer. Seemed pretty disorganized and made me question their culture.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. One with the HR, second the the client services director and third with the Vice President of the brand.
    The interview process went well and generic questions about self and the kind of the work done in the previous job was asked. Also, the kind of work and the volume of work done by Ogilvy was described by the interviewer. It was detailed.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks total. I was recruited by an external company. I then had a phone interview, then met with the director then met with the CEO (all of which were 30 minutes). I was then offered the position over the phone and had provided references and a background check.

Interview Questions

• why was I looking to leave my current job?   1 Answer
    • What kind of manager am I?   1 Answer