Ogilvy Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy Copywriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Ogilvy

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY).

Interview

I had been freelancing there, so there was already a rapport between us. After a couple of months and a few briefs, I was approached to see if I wanted to sign on full-time. It was a very simple interview, basically required negotiating salary. They gave an offer, I provided a counter offer. They approved with the supervisor and I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to take on a full time position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me an offer. I proposed a counter offer. They confirmed with a supervisor. I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I reached out to the creative recruiter and she happened to be looking for a writer. After the CDs on the account saw my book I was asked to come in for an interview. I came in was taken to a conference room where the two CDs met with me for about a half hour. They were easy to talk to and didn't ask me much about myself or discuss my work at all. Most of the time was spent talking about the account and they seemed honest about its challenges. The recruiter emailed me after and told me she'd be in touch. I never heard from her again. (Typical in this industry, but still unprofessional.)

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any questions beyond a general, "Tell us about yourself."   Answer Question

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 min telephone call with an HR recruiter who asked me pretty standard, generic questions. Overall a pretty awkward experience, with the recruiter seeming disinterested the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you solved a problem creatively.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in February 2016.

Interview

I found the recruitment ad in Douban, then I sent the private message to the recruiter.
    I received an email from the CD, and submit my portfolio and phone interview. Then I have an second interview in another day.

Interview Questions

• Presentation about the portfolio and your career aspiration in advertising industry.   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy in January 2016.

Interview

Nothing really happened, just a simple chat. Honestly, they didn't even ask why I wanted to work there or what I did prior. Doesn't seem like anyone really cares.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Difficult to qualify. This means if you're in, be prepared to OT almost every day and produce stunning works yet get paid much lower than your expectations. The creative director had high expectations. Be prepared to be so good yet only get offered a junior role.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

They made me wait an hour and then offered to give me the intern position in spite of having 3 years of experience in writing extensively across mediums. The worst part was the 'no pay' clause. How can you expect someone to give his/her time and creativity to a huge agency with such a great status quo without getting paid? Totally disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work without pay but just to get more exposure?   1 Answer