Ogilvy Public Relations Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy Public Relations Account Executive Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was longer than I expected. They tried to screen as thoroughly as possible to hire the right people.

The recruiter contacted me, and I had a brief screening interview. Then I talked to 3~4 employees of the team I was qualified for. The last process was a writing test. I didn't get the offer but it was overall a positive experience. All of the employees I talked to were smart, kind and eager to hear about my background.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy Public Relations

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a whirlwind process. Two weeks after first hearing from the recruiter, I had received a job offer. There were screening calls, an in person interview, and I submit a case study to showcase my work. The recruiters and HR representatives are incredible, personable, and responsive. It made the transition seamless and and overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Ogilvy Public Relations? Why do you want to leave your current position? Pretty standard. There were also skill-based and personality-based questions to assess my knowledge, perspective about the industry, and emotional fit with the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Awkward and most unprofessional interview experience ever. Had an interview with 2 VPs there who seemed to be in their early 30's. One of them was apparently eating cake right before the interview and walked in introducing herself with her mouth full of cake. She held out her hand, so I shook it, only to discover that it was greasy and covered with cake crumbs. When we sat down for the actual interview, both of them seemed only interested in knowing how I was able to get into a certain Ivy League school. The whole interview was rather short--and over half of it was just them asking me how I got into this Ivy League school, what it was like there, how they themselves didn't go to an Ivy League school, etc. I was appalled because they asked me only 1 or 2 questions total pertaining to PR or my previous work experiences.

Not surprisingly, I got an email a couple of days later saying that they thought I wasn't a good fit. At least the recruiter (who set up the interview) was nice and helpful, and when she found out what happened during the interview, she offered to forward my resume to her contacts at other PR firms, lol.

Not saying I was the best candidate for the job or anything, but based on the way my interview went, I couldn't help but think that the company had a bias against people from certain educational backgrounds. Didn't the founder David Ogilvy say something like, "If you always hire people who are bigger than you are, we shall become a company of giants"? What a joke.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview

I was brought on full time after interning and had no formal interview after being brought on full time, so my experience is a bit different. I had to complete a writing test, but I was comfortable with the group and there was no need to interview me further.

Interview Questions

• The intern application was pretty intense, two full essay questions that really made you think about public relations and branding. This might have changed as I was an intern 3 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

you are not able to negotiate if you are hired as a junior staffer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview

Contacted alumni and directed to HR. HR responded quickly but suggested lower level than originally applied for. Phone interview with HR, followed by 2 on site interviews: first interview with 4 managers about 45 minutes each. Second on site interview was with group director/practice head and president of office; reserved for candidate they want to offer but have to get final approval from those folks.

Interview Questions

• I personally despise behavioral questions and that was the bulk of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was not bad. I met with the HR team and then came back to meet with the team leaders for the client that i would work on. After that i provided references and i took a writing test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no real negotiating

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in November 2011.

Interview

Must submit online, go through a phone interview and an in-person interview with key members of the team. Interview is as much about the personality is about the work experience and drive. We want people who want to be here.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you and your client do not get along?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in September 2015.

Interview

2 interview process; first with Account Director and second with Managers. They seek for people that flexible with their time, ready for overtime, passionate learner, resilient, and smart.

In addition, they will give you worst case scenario about living in Ogilvy; they want you to answer it with the key message "I know the consequences and I'm ready for that". Don't over promise to stay for long time, they will never believe you. Instead of answering how long, you better tell them what kind of things that will make you stay for a long time.

Interview Questions

• How long do you want to stay in Ogilvy?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Client Service Director, Associate Account Director, and Account Manager. They were nice but rather confused what to ask. They gave me tasks as well to draft press release and media summary, both in english. I was given 45 minutes to complete the task before starting to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions : why choose Ogilvy, your prior experience, tell us about yourself, etc   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in February 2015.

Interview

There are three steps of interview which ranging a week from one interview to another. The first one interview with the Manager, the second is with Director, and the last one is with General Manager (plus HR to sign contract at the same day). At the end of the interview, the interviewer usually gave a homework to do, and I will be given time up to three days to work it. After the last interview, I should wait for approximately one month for the final decision.