Ogilvy Public Relations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.8

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Nice people, nice environment, good client base. Lengthy interview process as they were waiting for a couple of clients to sign on. A bit of turnover on their end during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were largely focused on my (then) current employer (a competitor). Other topics including content, media landscape, media relationships and key major campaigns I've worked on. Appropriately, they asked questions about mentoring, people retention and management style.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online after meeting HR rep at career fair. Took a couple weeks (I forgot I applied), but I scheduled an interview in late April. Interview was lengthy, as I interviewed with each team (Social and Content, Corporate and Public Affairs, and Social Change)

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the website job portal in January, heard back in March for a phone screening. About a month later, I heard back for an on site interview. Resume brief, why Ogilvy, strengths, weaknesses, those types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Ogilvy?
      They really want to know why you want to work for the company and what you can contribute. No need to overthink it, answer honestly and be sincere.
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was only the initial phone interview. The recruiter was aloof, didn't give any background about the company or position and there was not an opportunity to ask questions.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

One recommendation and two essays were required for the general application. Prompts were very straight forward and nothing too complicated. Submitted application online and heard back from someone who was part of the internship recruitment committee exactly a month after I submitted the application. Scheduled a Skype interview the next week. General getting to know you and behavioral questions. It was very conversational and overall a positive experience. The next week, I was invited for then next rounds of interview with the internship program director and that went even better. Questions were not too complicated and they seem to want to really get to know you rather than asking you complicated/trick questions. Got an offer via email two and half weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why Ogilvy? Why PR? Tell me a time in your life when you had to work with a difficult team member? What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with the Senior lead on the account, HR and MD. Went through several interviews, took a long time to sort out interview times/face to face meetings. Interviews went well. I was told that they would organize a meeting with the team for next steps and then later on after following up, was informed the job went to someone else which was a shock. I emailed to find out more information and no one ever got back to me. Very surprising.

Would massively appreciate Management and leadership team to give more clarity and feedback to help support everyone along this journey. Massively hoping that things get better for this year. All the best!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with this client?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people, total of 2 hours. They were generally nice, asked basic questions. It seemed like the office was really quiet. They needed someone to work simultaneously on 4 accounts. For a junior position usually 2 or 3 maximum.

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Was called back for a phone interview within a week. When I called back to schedule the interview, I never got a reply/call back. Once I was able to reach the recruiter in a second call, I did a phone interview in the next two weeks. After the phone interview, I never received a response on whether I will go onto the next round of interviews or not.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview

Set up interview time with San Francisco HR and then was never called. Followed up twice and never heard back. Completely unprofessional way to handle candidates. Am really aghast that this is how a supposedly strong Public Relations firm would treat a candidate, certainly not a way to curate good word of mouth.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was longer than I expected. They tried to screen as thoroughly as possible to hire the right people.

The recruiter contacted me, and I had a brief screening interview. Then I talked to 3~4 employees of the team I was qualified for. The last process was a writing test. I didn't get the offer but it was overall a positive experience. All of the employees I talked to were smart, kind and eager to hear about my background.