Ogilvy Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Ogilvy

2.3

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy.

Interview

Set up interview time with San Francisco HR and then was never called. Followed up twice and never heard back. Completely unprofessional way to handle candidates. Am really aghast that this is how a supposedly strong Public Relations firm would treat a candidate, certainly not a way to curate good word of mouth.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

The interview process is quick and very similar of the other agencies. At that time, my interviewer is the account director. The questions he asked are quite straightforward; very much around our PR experiences and our style of handling account management.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you faced in account management?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2012.

Interview

met with 4 interviewers on 1-to-1 interviews over a few weeks. generally pleasant, but the unstated expectation was that they needn't convince you to join the company. this made the interviews focused more on what you have done and what kind of person you are. job expectations, company culture, team dynamics, training and development processes, employee benefits, work hours were not discussed.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Taipei (Taiwan)) in June 2013.

Interview

First round - phone interview with HR. It was a brief talk about my background and why I wanna join Ogilvy PR.

Second round - Writing test. drafted a news release based the information they provided, shared a good PR case and your thoughts, and wrote an email to client regarding client complaint.

Third round - In-person interview with HR head. Talked about my working experience and much about my personalities, how I handle pressures, my professional skills, whether or not I have connections with local media. Also, she asked if my family/boyfriend knew that I was applying for this job ( I guess she wanted to see if they would be okay with such long working hours)

Fourth round - In-person interview with Account Director and Managing Director
    AD was friendly and focused on my past experience. MD was tough and tried to challenged my answers and observed how I responded. Also, she tested how much you know about PR. Ex, how would you describe the term "Public Relations", what is the most important element for PR....etc.

The important thing in showing your passion. Passion is very important in this industry.
    Also, show your understanding about that PR is not merely about pretty things, celebrity, interesting events, cool branding campaign....instead, they are many miscellaneous tasks and practical hard work under the surface.

Interview Questions

• how would you describe the term "Public Relations"
      what is the most important element for PR.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds - round 1) with the HR lady, 2) with immediate boss, 3) with the client servicing director

The HR did not ask much, just a basic dipstick about whether you're looking for a long term career with Ogilvy, that's all.
    The actual interviews were in the later rounds, with the immediate boss and the super boss.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions, on how would I handle certain situations, what would I do step-by-step to handle certain type of jobs/projects etc. Most interesting one was the task to write a creative brief about the table we were sitting at, imagining the brand name and all other necessary details etc.   Answer Question

Senior ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2008.

Interview

The initial communication was with the HR about my previous experience, expertise and forte. My capabilities were asked for an and team structure was explained. The expectations from me we well explained.

The second round was with the President of Ogilvy Public relations Mumbai over a con-call. Knowledge about the industry was examined and also exclusively asked about media relations in Delhi and over Indian media.

The third was negotiation on salary which was well managed.

Interview Questions

• You knowledge about the telecom industry and views on the latest telecom policy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate a good 10% hike. Recommendations to people who are applying that they should check their salary structure and income in hand.