Ogilvy & Mather Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.4

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for one account, but due to budget cuts, ended up on a different account. Know this going into interviews that you may end up on a different team; if they like you, they'll find a place.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, followed by 3 individual 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers at the Ogilvy office. Once the interviews were completed, I also had an additional meeting with 1 senior manager of the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Received phone call approximately two weeks later to schedule another in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell how your experience at your previous job related to the position we are hiring for   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I went into the interview thinking I was going for one brand, and it turns out I was interviewing 3 different groups of people for 3 different positions. It was confusing, and their HR department seems really scattered and disorganized. I left and then was called back for what I thought was a 2nd interview, but it turns out I was interviewing for 2 more positions. I did not get any of them because they hired someone with exact experience- even though one of the women was telling me straight up she wanted me on her team. Over all it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview went really well and initial feedback from the recruiter was excellent. I really had my hopes up. They said they hoped to have an answer within a few days, so I followed up...and followed up....and followed up.....and followed up and they kept telling me "soon we will have a decision soon." They either filled the position with someone other than me or it never came to fruition. I just felt that they could have informed me either way instead of stringing me along for so long.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Auckland (New Zealand)) in February 2015.

Interview

Firstly dealing with HR, quickly selected for interview. Interviewed by the person who would be my manager, very informal style. Whole process took one week (they needed to hire for role quickly). Seemed like a great environment to work, the people were all super lovely to myself and each other, a bit of a big family atmosphere. I was selected for the role but after extreme internal debate i knew the role was too junior for my skill set despite being able to work for the amazing Ogilvy name. The search continues...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ogilvy? Why do you want to work in marketing/advertising? Where do you see yourself long term? Pretty standard stuff.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New Delhi (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I am a responsible and hard working boy not well accountant but i hv knowledge of accounts.sale tax calculation delhi vat return file and sale purchase and related wprks of accounts.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Submission of CV.
    Called for an interview.
    Interview with CSD - A brief discussion with Client Services Director about past experiences, future plans and expectations from the firm.
    An explanation about the role and responsibilities for taking up the job.
    Mutual agreement.
    Interview with SVP - Interaction with Senior Vice President about past experiences and future plans.
    Candidate Approval.
    Package negotiations.
    Final Approval.
    Offer Letter.

Interview Questions

• Share a brief explanation about the past work experiences. And interest towards joining the chosen firm in particular.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

One on one interview with hiring manager. He really wanted to see if he liked me or not, that was it. The questions were focused around me and who I was as a person. About half way through he said he liked me and wanted to make an offer. I was fortunate enough to have an internal recommendation that he truly respected.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Interview

There isn't a set interview process in place. It means that it might be easier to get in however, on the downside, it demonstrates interviewer's lack of industry understanding