Ogilvy & Mather Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, followed by 3 individual 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers at the Ogilvy office. Once the interviews were completed, I also had an additional meeting with 1 senior manager of the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager on Linkedin for an opening. She called me for a phone interview on a Tuesday despite writing in an email reply that I was only free to speak with her on Thursday due to personal errands. Apparently, she did not take this clarification well.

On the phone call, when discussing my background she frequently interrupted and kept badgering me if I was familiar with banner ads and kept implying all my other background is useless.

For the interview, instead of printing out my Resume/CV I provided to her, she basically prints out my entire Linkedin profile for the interviewers, which effectively set me up to fail. As in the industry, many advert staff are adverse to reading so they asked me to summarise my entire CV before asking irrelevant questions about the job. I was able to give them a hard copy of my CV when I realised what the hiring manager did but only 1 of the interviewers actually took it back with them while the others left.

The worst interviewer was a girl who kept texting on her blackberry during the entire interview despite professing to be listening. At that point I wasn't sure if I was actually interviewing at Ogilvy & Mather in New York City or some small shop in the middle of Princeton, NJ given the lack of professionalism in the interviewing process up to that point.

The last interviewer seemed to be impressed with my background and kept mentioning that "[I was] so smart!". However, he then followed with questions asking why I didn't become a journalist and decided to be in marketing/advertising. The worst part was he never got it after explaining financial considerations, being impressed by the work David Ogilvy and others did during the golden age of advertising or how influential Ridley Scott's "1984" advert was.

At the end of the interview, the hiring manager didn't bother to speak with me and I was expected to escort myself out of the office. About a week later, I received a canned email from that hiring manager saying they chose someone else for the second round after "difficult consideration".

Interview Questions

• "You're so smart! Why didn't you becoming a journalist? I don't mean to be insulting or anything."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Received phone call approximately two weeks later to schedule another in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell how your experience at your previous job related to the position we are hiring for   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I went into the interview thinking I was going for one brand, and it turns out I was interviewing 3 different groups of people for 3 different positions. It was confusing, and their HR department seems really scattered and disorganized. I left and then was called back for what I thought was a 2nd interview, but it turns out I was interviewing for 2 more positions. I did not get any of them because they hired someone with exact experience- even though one of the women was telling me straight up she wanted me on her team. Over all it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview went really well and initial feedback from the recruiter was excellent. I really had my hopes up. They said they hoped to have an answer within a few days, so I followed up...and followed up....and followed up.....and followed up and they kept telling me "soon we will have a decision soon." They either filled the position with someone other than me or it never came to fruition. I just felt that they could have informed me either way instead of stringing me along for so long.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Auckland (New Zealand)) in February 2015.

Interview

Firstly dealing with HR, quickly selected for interview. Interviewed by the person who would be my manager, very informal style. Whole process took one week (they needed to hire for role quickly). Seemed like a great environment to work, the people were all super lovely to myself and each other, a bit of a big family atmosphere. I was selected for the role but after extreme internal debate i knew the role was too junior for my skill set despite being able to work for the amazing Ogilvy name. The search continues...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ogilvy? Why do you want to work in marketing/advertising? Where do you see yourself long term? Pretty standard stuff.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New Delhi (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I am a responsible and hard working boy not well accountant but i hv knowledge of accounts.sale tax calculation delhi vat return file and sale purchase and related wprks of accounts.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Submission of CV.
    Called for an interview.
    Interview with CSD - A brief discussion with Client Services Director about past experiences, future plans and expectations from the firm.
    An explanation about the role and responsibilities for taking up the job.
    Mutual agreement.
    Interview with SVP - Interaction with Senior Vice President about past experiences and future plans.
    Candidate Approval.
    Package negotiations.
    Final Approval.
    Offer Letter.

Interview Questions

• Share a brief explanation about the past work experiences. And interest towards joining the chosen firm in particular.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

One on one interview with hiring manager. He really wanted to see if he liked me or not, that was it. The questions were focused around me and who I was as a person. About half way through he said he liked me and wanted to make an offer. I was fortunate enough to have an internal recommendation that he truly respected.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Interview

There isn't a set interview process in place. It means that it might be easier to get in however, on the downside, it demonstrates interviewer's lack of industry understanding