Ogilvy & Mather Associate Creative Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Associate Creative Director Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

There was no interview. I was freelance and they went under budget review in January and bullied freelancers into full-time. I said I would take a Sr Art Director role since I was not interested in a management role like an ACD, however they said they have "no hierarchy" and there is only 1 Art Director title (no Jr AD, AD or SR AD, which really affects the overcompensating competitive egos there) so I was basically forced to go freelance to full-time if I wanted to keep my job. I took a 30% paycut and worked 3x the amount of hours, with a rapid decrease in work-life balance. Not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Can you hurry up and sign the papers for this job offer blindly right now?   1 Answer
  • We're under a tight budget this year, can you sign on as full-time because otherwise we have to cut off all of our freelancers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

Associate Creative Director Interview

Interview

Brought in to freelance based on portfolio review and short chat with recruiter. Hired after freelancing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had to negotiate the dollars, but was not too difficult

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Ogilvy is big on their referrals - best way to get an interview is to know someone that works there - or directly reach out to the creative resource manager. I had 2 interviews - helped that I worked at Leo Burnett for 6 years... The people here are honestly the nicest I have come across in all my years in Chicago. Many clubs, events, outings, etc.

Interview Questions

• how much are you looking to make?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave a range, they came in right in the middle, I asked for a little more, they said that was already higher than they usually go, I accepted it w/ an extra week of vacation.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2010.

Interview

Previous to the interview, was asked to do copy test. That was the first day

On the second day, met up with the operations director and the creative director.

It seemed like a matter compatible personalities and need. In other words, if they like you and need you, then you're practically in

Interview Questions

• How good is your B2B, B2C, Interactive and offline experience?   1 Answer