Ogilvy & Mather Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Associate Interview Questions

3.9

Associate Interview

Interview

First step: Write three essays and get two faculty recommendations
second step: Phone behavior interview
third step: Super Saturday

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to think on your feet.

A time you have failed.

Why Ogilvy
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2016.

Interview

applied online with a few essays. then had a skype interview. from there you are asked to either come to NYC for a super saturday. I did not make it to that round, but when you get there you are with a lot of other applicants and only few are given offers. this usually occurs in march

Interview Questions

• how do you work with people from different backgrounds? What advertising experience have you had in the pass?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and friendly. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

The application process was pretty much straightforward and everything was online.

The planning and appointment of the interview was very convenient as they came onto my campus to conduct it.

I had just one behavioural interview with them and it was your typical interview.

They asked me why Ogilvy and why I would be a good fit.

Typical behavioural questions like:

Tell me about a time when you went against the team.

Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I filled out a creative application followed by one in-person interview held at my university. I did not go on to Ogilvy’s Super Saturday round, which is the final stage held at their offices in New York City.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

We first submitted an online application that included several essays. A month later, we heard about whether we got initial interviews or not. We then had a 30 minute phone interview with a current Account Exec.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

They recruited at my school and I was required to send an application to both the my school's career site and their company site. The next step was a one on one behavioral interview with a senior or account executive. The third and last step would be an invite for super Saturday.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would you be?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2008.

Interview

On campus recruiting, 1:1 interview, combination of group / individual interviews at New York corporate headquarters over the course of 2 days.

Negotiation

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2011.

Interview

Obviously Ogilvy is a very established firm, and coming in to the interview, I was very nervous. The interview involved a lot of behaviorial questions that I had not been asked during other job interviews, so that kind of left me thinking on my feet. I ultimately did not get the offer, but wish anybody else you interviews for the Associate position the best of luck.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a team and any challenges you encountered, and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2012.

Interview

After submitting a lengthy application, Ogilvy selected a handful of individuals to partake in on-campus interviews. This consisted of two 1:1 interviews with constituents from their local branch. One individual was a higher level executive - she was short and I could not get a good read on her at all. The other individual was much more lively and we had a great conversation. After interviewing, we had to wait another 4 weeks to see if we passed on to the second round interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed.   1 Answer