Ogilvy & Mather Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The 1st interview was a phone interview. These types of interviews are almost always awkward, and the interviewers didn't help ease it at all. It felt like they made it more awkward. A Skype interview was the next stage. It wasn't incredibly difficult and was a lot better than the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Applied through university career site. We were asked to submit two essays and recommendation letters in addition to the usual documents. Was then contacted for a Skype interview. Lot's of behavioral questions, be sure to know your experience and be able to talk about them from different angles.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty efficient. I recently applied to the position through their company website and had a response within a day. Afterwards, scheduled a phone interview with me and proceeded to have an in person interview. Good experience overall. I received an offer recently and am currently deciding whether to take it or not. The environment is very friendly and personable.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. I interviewed with an HR rep and she asked mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer was great and kept it casual, making me feel comfortable despite being nervous.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you faced on a team and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I don't really remember fully. I just remember applying online, emailing people who worked at the company, and sending a personalized thank you card after (which I think helped). The interview was on the phone and I just remember odd questions being asked. I was not asked about strengths or weaknesses. I was asked why I wanted to work at Ogilvy.

There are also 2 essays you have to write. One was on why I wanted to work for Ogilvy and the other was about my biggest regret.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ogilvy?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy- first there were phone interviews with 2 people in HR, and over a course of a week I had phone interviews with four people in accounts. The accounts people were friendly and seemed genuinely interesting. The experience wasn't horrible, just very long and tedious. The HR people were also friendly, and it seemed like the work culture was close-knit.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Knew someone who worked at Ogilvy and who forwarded my resume. Met with a woman who only just switched companies to Ogilvy but would be heading the new team they needed the intern for. The AE I had been emailing back and forth with did not actually interview me. Interview was pretty standard. Tell me about yourself, past experience, how your skills would match this position, etc. I thought it went well but they ultimately went with a different candidate. When asked for feedback, I never got a response.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted application requiring 2 essays and 2 letters of recommendation.was eventually contacted for a Skype interview. Mostly standardized behavioral questions. Lasted about 20 minutes. Got an offer email later in the month.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I had 5 phone and Skype interviews over the course of about a month and a half. I was kind of left in the dark on how long it would take for them to get back to me. As far as the interview process, people were very nice and supportive along the way.

Interview Questions

• Asked me mostly about my prior experience and interests. They were also curious about my interest in the job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

team leader find me through linkedin and have two interview one with HR one with the team manager

Interview Questions

• they asked about my professional and academic experience, mostly about my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

unnegotiable