Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, followed by 3 individual 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers at the Ogilvy office. Once the interviews were completed, I also had an additional meeting with 1 senior manager of the team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Asked me to discuss my previous experience and general knowledge about the industry. There was an initial phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview with a Senior Analyst and the manager on the team. Overall the process took about 2 weeks.

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 min telephone call with an HR recruiter who asked me pretty standard, generic questions. Overall a pretty awkward experience, with the recruiter seeming disinterested the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you solved a problem creatively.   Answer Question

NYC Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Long Initial Interview Process
    2 letters of recommendation
    2 essays --1. Collge essay type prompt 2. Why ogilvy and how does it stay relevant

Phase 2: Phone Screen--
    Interviewer was short and seem disinterested from the start.
    She asked 8 questions total. Was never contacted about next steps so I assume I did not make it to Super Day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something did not go as planned/Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screening and then a Skype interview as well. The questions were mainly experienced-based. Showing a knowledge of their clients and recent work is definitely helpful.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

A lot of great interesting people and swift process. Enjoyed meeting people and team. Seems like it's a great community. The account team were fun and smart. They seemed to have a lot of passion for the work.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

People were really nice and general feedback was great. However, it took 5 months of waiting and getting called back in to finally get an offer. They make you meet a ton of people. Hard to feel out their reactions. Recruitment was easy to talk to.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First round I interviewed with HR recruiter, then I interviewed with Director and VP in finance dept. HR recruiter asked several behavior questions, and Finance Director asked questions related to previous job

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, along with two essay responses and a recommendation. I was contacted a month after for a first round Skype interview with an account manager. It was pretty standard question, very conversational and she was genuinely just interested in getting to know me and my experiences highlighted on my resume. Very few behavioral questions. A week after, I was passed on to the next round, another Skype interview with an HR recruiter. Same deal, conversational, really wanted to get to know me. Overall, a very pleasant experience. Got an offer via phone and email from the recruiter less than a week after my second interview.

Global Consulting Director- Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online (through Ogilvy portal), contacted by HR for a phone screen. Overall fairly standard process and phone screen, and despite email to hiring manager, no response or communication after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Ogilvy/OgilvyRed
      Analytical Experience/Data & Insight Mining
      Cross-Functional Teamwork   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The 1st interview was a phone interview. These types of interviews are almost always awkward, and the interviewers didn't help ease it at all. It felt like they made it more awkward. A Skype interview was the next stage. It wasn't incredibly difficult and was a lot better than the phone interview.