Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Interview

A lot of great interesting people and swift process. Enjoyed meeting people and team. Seems like it's a great community. The account team were fun and smart. They seemed to have a lot of passion for the work.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

People were really nice and general feedback was great. However, it took 5 months of waiting and getting called back in to finally get an offer. They make you meet a ton of people. Hard to feel out their reactions. Recruitment was easy to talk to.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First round I interviewed with HR recruiter, then I interviewed with Director and VP in finance dept. HR recruiter asked several behavior questions, and Finance Director asked questions related to previous job

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure, please give an example   Answer Question

Global Consulting Director- Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online (through Ogilvy portal), contacted by HR for a phone screen. Overall fairly standard process and phone screen, and despite email to hiring manager, no response or communication after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Ogilvy/OgilvyRed
      Analytical Experience/Data & Insight Mining
      Cross-Functional Teamwork
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The 1st interview was a phone interview. These types of interviews are almost always awkward, and the interviewers didn't help ease it at all. It felt like they made it more awkward. A Skype interview was the next stage. It wasn't incredibly difficult and was a lot better than the phone interview.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview pretty casual and asked about my resume/ past experience.
    The following interview I skyped in with the team and a lot more behavioral/ personality questions. They really wanted to make sure I fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about a time that you had competing deadlines?
      Why Ogilvy?
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was very natural. They asked standard interview questions, that was really straight forward. Know the company, and their basic values, and you will be fine.

Global Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the role in early May and heard back for a phone interview at the end of the month. I was overseas and they kindly allowed me to interview two weeks after that in mid-June. I interviewed over the phone with HR and the conversation was decent. Mind you, she couldn't dial my number right and I waited 5 mins for her to figure out my number. She pushed m forward in the process and I was suppose to have an in-person interview. I gave her my dates and waited. I never heard back so I reached out and she told me I was scheduled already for that day in just 2 hours! The admin/HR forgot to include me in the email so I never knew I had an in-person interview. Not sure how anyone can schedule a meeting and not even include the person and not even care to get a confirmation back.

The team scrambled and said that instead the manager would call me at the time scheduled. I waited, again. 15 minutes later I got the call. I spoke with the Partner and he pushed me forward in the process. He gave me a data set to analyze and told me to come up with insights to present. I was scheduled for a Tuesday interview. 2 hours before the interview he emailed me to cancel and said he'd reschedule within two weeks. It's now been 5 weeks. I reached out to HR three times and have no update. She couldn't even respond to two of my emails. The Partner has also ignored my emails.

This is beyond unprofessional. I put time and effort into the interviews and the inability to give me an update is beyond inexcusable. If anyone else has this issue, realize you aren't alone. Someone else besides me had a similar issue this HR person. So unfortunate because I really would have been a great fit for the role and I was excited about the opportunity. Their loss.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a headhunter. She passed my work on to the Creative Director. They liked my book and they gave me a call. We talked for an hour or so and then they got back to me a few days later and asked me to come in. There were two in person interviews. The process took about a month, but that was back in 2005

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. What accounts have you worked on? What agencies have you been at?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

We first submitted an online application that included several essays. A month later, we heard about whether we got initial interviews or not. We then had a 30 minute phone interview with a current Account Exec.