Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 min telephone call with an HR recruiter who asked me pretty standard, generic questions. Overall a pretty awkward experience, with the recruiter seeming disinterested the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you solved a problem creatively.   Answer Question

NYC Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Long Initial Interview Process
    2 letters of recommendation
    2 essays --1. Collge essay type prompt 2. Why ogilvy and how does it stay relevant

Phase 2: Phone Screen--
    Interviewer was short and seem disinterested from the start.
    She asked 8 questions total. Was never contacted about next steps so I assume I did not make it to Super Day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something did not go as planned/Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screening and then a Skype interview as well. The questions were mainly experienced-based. Showing a knowledge of their clients and recent work is definitely helpful.

Global Consulting Director- Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online (through Ogilvy portal), contacted by HR for a phone screen. Overall fairly standard process and phone screen, and despite email to hiring manager, no response or communication after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Ogilvy/OgilvyRed
      Analytical Experience/Data & Insight Mining
      Cross-Functional Teamwork   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The 1st interview was a phone interview. These types of interviews are almost always awkward, and the interviewers didn't help ease it at all. It felt like they made it more awkward. A Skype interview was the next stage. It wasn't incredibly difficult and was a lot better than the phone interview.

Global Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the role in early May and heard back for a phone interview at the end of the month. I was overseas and they kindly allowed me to interview two weeks after that in mid-June. I interviewed over the phone with HR and the conversation was decent. Mind you, she couldn't dial my number right and I waited 5 mins for her to figure out my number. She pushed m forward in the process and I was suppose to have an in-person interview. I gave her my dates and waited. I never heard back so I reached out and she told me I was scheduled already for that day in just 2 hours! The admin/HR forgot to include me in the email so I never knew I had an in-person interview. Not sure how anyone can schedule a meeting and not even include the person and not even care to get a confirmation back.

The team scrambled and said that instead the manager would call me at the time scheduled. I waited, again. 15 minutes later I got the call. I spoke with the Partner and he pushed me forward in the process. He gave me a data set to analyze and told me to come up with insights to present. I was scheduled for a Tuesday interview. 2 hours before the interview he emailed me to cancel and said he'd reschedule within two weeks. It's now been 5 weeks. I reached out to HR three times and have no update. She couldn't even respond to two of my emails. The Partner has also ignored my emails.

This is beyond unprofessional. I put time and effort into the interviews and the inability to give me an update is beyond inexcusable. If anyone else has this issue, realize you aren't alone. Someone else besides me had a similar issue this HR person. So unfortunate because I really would have been a great fit for the role and I was excited about the opportunity. Their loss.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

We first submitted an online application that included several essays. A month later, we heard about whether we got initial interviews or not. We then had a 30 minute phone interview with a current Account Exec.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Applied through university career site. We were asked to submit two essays and recommendation letters in addition to the usual documents. Was then contacted for a Skype interview. Lot's of behavioral questions, be sure to know your experience and be able to talk about them from different angles.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

First, I had to submit an online application that consisted of a resume, two letters of recommendation, and two essays. Next, I had a phone interview with an executive. Lastly, I was invited to SuperSaturday which consisted of a dinner and an all day interview. There really is no way to prepare for this last part besides being yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1. What types of people do you like to work with?
      2. What type of brand would you be?
      3. Describe a time you had to think differently.   Answer Question

Ogilvy Titans Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I, along with others, had a full day interview process. We were asked the typical questions like tell me about a time you were challenged. Tell me about a time where you were a leader. Just review normal questions and you will be good to go for the process.