Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Nairobi (Kenya)) in May 2012.

Interview

The recruiter called me for an interview, a per-screen and after passing it. I was scheduled for another panel interview with the recruiter and Ogilvy Senior Management. I was advised on the interview process; the use of competency based questions, review of my CV and job requirements.

Interview Questions

• How we went about the mergers and acquisition process of Tibbett & Britten Limited   Answer Question

Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Intense, they brought us up to NYC for a weekend and for 3 days straight challenged us with group projects, 1-on-1 interviews, and presentation building. competing with 40 individuals all vying for the same job ... very challenging.

Interview Questions

• "If plastic water bottles were banned in the United States for drinking purposes, what would you use them for in their new state?"   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Submitted an application with two short essays, a cover letter, and resume, interviewed for 30 minutes on skype.
    Interview ran for exactly 30 minutes, we went over my credentials for approximately 2 minutes and then she ran through 8 or 9 behavioral questions, one right after the other.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you included someone in a group.
      and
      Tell me about a time when you actively disagreed with a superior or colleague.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

A superday-styled full day assessment. Including 3 - 5 behavioral interviews, a group interview and a case presentation

Interview Questions

• The case presentation was the hardest part of the interview process. We were presented with a problem which we had to solve and then present to a panel that judged it and questioned us. We had to do all of this in 1 hour.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Associates are hired on a fixed contract basis.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

very fair process for interviewing entry level candidates, they asked very high-level questions to test your true character and interests. if you make it through the first round campus interviews then you move to super saturday, which is still very competitive but rewarding all the same. you are assessed through multiple interview types which allow you to present your full range of talents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the Associates Program through my school. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and writing samples.
    After a few weeks, they emailed me to let me know that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, they asked mostly behavioral questions because as most people know, they want to see if you exemplify their 8 habits.

After the interview, they called me within a few weeks to invite me to SuperSaturday (which is a challenge day).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone that you did not like or get along with and how you overcame that to accomplish your goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge that you had overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. I interviewed with an HR rep and she asked mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer was great and kept it casual, making me feel comfortable despite being nervous.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you faced on a team and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

chargée de publicité Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Entretien assez difficile, très axé sur les résultats . Ambiance jeune et dynamique. Il faut prouver que l on s y connait en digital. Ils se concentrent aussi bien sur les competences que sur la personnalité qui doit etre assez créative.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Casual. There was 2 rounds of interviews and 1 case presentation. 2 rounds: 1st round phone interview, 2nd round: face to face. The HR exe was very busy and did not gave me a confirmation mail although she verbally confirmed on the phone. Do expect them to schedule the interview to be very near to your last informed date. For case study, Was brought to a room and given 30mins to read some texts and data, then present with recommendation whatever i have. Interviewers are looking at your train of thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, describe your past work experiences   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The 1st interview was a phone interview. These types of interviews are almost always awkward, and the interviewers didn't help ease it at all. It felt like they made it more awkward. A Skype interview was the next stage. It wasn't incredibly difficult and was a lot better than the phone interview.