Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.1

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

Got back to me briefly and asked me to come in for an interview.

Craftsmen of Culture Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Went from being an in person interview, to a skype interview to a phone interview. Asked questions related to Ogilvy & Mather's core principles. Be well read on different accounts they've worked on, their mission and how you fit into that.

Associate Interview

Interview

First step: Write three essays and get two faculty recommendations
    second step: Phone behavior interview
    third step: Super Saturday

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to think on your feet.

A time you have failed.

Why Ogilvy
      Answer Question

Web Analytics Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then brought in to meet the team in 30 min increments. Was told that they would get back to me in a week, and they specifically said that they would not leave me hanging. A week later, I checked in and was told that they were still processing and they would keep me updated. They never got back to me.

Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

filled out an application in december, had a first round phone interview in februrary, if you get past the phone interview round you will move onto a day called "super saturday" where you have in person interviews and have to take a test

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2016.

Interview

applied online with a few essays. then had a skype interview. from there you are asked to either come to NYC for a super saturday. I did not make it to that round, but when you get there you are with a lot of other applicants and only few are given offers. this usually occurs in march

Interview Questions

• how do you work with people from different backgrounds? What advertising experience have you had in the pass?   Answer Question

Graduate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Made a youtube video on a brand that you admire, then got contacted about interview. 2 Interviews on the same day, 1st was personality which was one on one, 2nd was asking opinion on campaigns and more about the role with 2 planners.

Interview Questions

• Discussed personal statement on C.V, opinion on campaigns   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I reached out to the creative recruiter and she happened to be looking for a writer. After the CDs on the account saw my book I was asked to come in for an interview. I came in was taken to a conference room where the two CDs met with me for about a half hour. They were easy to talk to and didn't ask me much about myself or discuss my work at all. Most of the time was spent talking about the account and they seemed honest about its challenges. The recruiter emailed me after and told me she'd be in touch. I never heard from her again. (Typical in this industry, but still unprofessional.)

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any questions beyond a general, "Tell us about yourself."   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

When questions were asked, the interviewers did not have an answer. Seemed pretty disorganized and made me question their culture.

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Quick and straight forward. Met with account lead and we had a nice chat. I think the position had already been filled but loved having the conversation all the same.