Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, followed by 3 individual 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers at the Ogilvy office. Once the interviews were completed, I also had an additional meeting with 1 senior manager of the team.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for one account, but due to budget cuts, ended up on a different account. Know this going into interviews that you may end up on a different team; if they like you, they'll find a place.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was asked to join the company after working on 2 projects that the clients loved.
    I was promised full time and a hired salary but when I got the contract that was not the case.

Culture Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, followed by phone interview then in person interview. Person Interviewing was very rude & came across as arrogant. Other staff members I came in contact with were also rude as well. They didn't give off a welcoming or inviting impression. You could tell the company culture was arrogant and unfriendly. Not a place you would want to work at. Just because you're only interviewing for a job doesn't mean the company shouldn't try to be welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What social media do you use? explain a difficult experience? what social media do you check first in the morning? why do you want this role?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in July 2014.

Interview

I waited for more than 4 hours to get to the interview room
    Did so may trips for a period of 2 months
    Just a chat with HR to know me personally
    Interviewer want to know past job pay
    I did not hold back any information, i laid on the table as is

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 min telephone call with an HR recruiter who asked me pretty standard, generic questions. Overall a pretty awkward experience, with the recruiter seeming disinterested the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you solved a problem creatively.   Answer Question

Finance Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

1 round of get to know the candidate introduction with the hiring manager, career development plans around 40 minutes, career history, and HR offer the following week after. There was no pay negotiation.

NYC Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Long Initial Interview Process
    2 letters of recommendation
    2 essays --1. Collge essay type prompt 2. Why ogilvy and how does it stay relevant

Phase 2: Phone Screen--
    Interviewer was short and seem disinterested from the start.
    She asked 8 questions total. Was never contacted about next steps so I assume I did not make it to Super Day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something did not go as planned/Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

One on one interview which lasted around 1 hour, it was friendly discussions, asking standard questions.
    The atmosphere was friendly and not too formal, the interviewer also explained clearly on job duties and pros and cons in working in this company. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? What do you want to achieve in this position?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

A lot of great interesting people and swift process. Enjoyed meeting people and team. Seems like it's a great community. The account team were fun and smart. They seemed to have a lot of passion for the work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty comfortable and relaxed. The interview was held in three rounds on the same day - the first one in a group and the second and third ones in a private room with two current employees. The questions ranged from very casual (trying to see if you were a good fit for company culture) to more marketing specific (see how interested you were in actually working in a marketing agency). Best advice is to go prepared and understand Ogilvy's culture

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite advert and why?
      Who would you have dinner with, living or dead?
      What defines a brand?