Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through school career website. After few days, I got an email to schedule for a phone screening. The phone interview only took me around 15mins. Fairly easy interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the last piece of feedback you received from your previous employer?   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in September 2017.

Interview

I came two times to the office. First, I was interviewed by HR officer. Second time, I was interviewed by the user. It only last for about 45 minutes. They asked me to describe the consumer journey of a product that I had prepared earlier. Then they ask me further questions about my presentation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Taipei (Taiwan)) in July 2017.

Interview

After sending my CV, HR executive call me for phone interview in 2 days. We had a short conversation about past work experience and the reason why I applied this position.

Interview Questions

• 1. What's your weakness?
      2. Are you a creative person?
      3. Have you made any mistake in your past experience?
      4. Talk about your habit in English   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screening and then a Skype interview as well. The questions were mainly experienced-based. Showing a knowledge of their clients and recent work is definitely helpful.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manil (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Manil (Philippines)) in April 2017.

Interview

There is a series of interviews, around three or four. I made it up to the third. It's pretty casual. They just ask about what's on your resume, and ask you questions about your knowledge and readiness for the position. What sucks about the entire process is the lack of updates from the HR specialist. I had to follow up to get my next interviews, until she just stopped replying to me after the third. Whether accepted or rejected, hiring managers must always give an update. Otherwise, it's called being unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Name one experience where you had to work with many people. What was the biggest challenge and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with someone in HR for the accounts management internships. She was very nice and was very direct with asking questions. It wasn't one of those interviews where it feels like a conversation the whole time. She asked about 6 questions and then I was able to ask any questions I had.

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 min telephone call with an HR recruiter who asked me pretty standard, generic questions. Overall a pretty awkward experience, with the recruiter seeming disinterested the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you solved a problem creatively.   Answer Question

NYC Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Long Initial Interview Process
    2 letters of recommendation
    2 essays --1. Collge essay type prompt 2. Why ogilvy and how does it stay relevant

Phase 2: Phone Screen--
    Interviewer was short and seem disinterested from the start.
    She asked 8 questions total. Was never contacted about next steps so I assume I did not make it to Super Day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something did not go as planned/Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

One on one interview which lasted around 1 hour, it was friendly discussions, asking standard questions.
    The atmosphere was friendly and not too formal, the interviewer also explained clearly on job duties and pros and cons in working in this company. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? What do you want to achieve in this position?   Answer Question

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Berlin (Germany)) in December 2016.

Interview

Professional but casual, easy going. Have your portfolio ready to be presented, and the creatives will feedback your work. Also have your career golas set, in case they ask you. It might help if you have experience with brands from the same industry of their clients, but I believe it is not a must.