Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.1

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 min telephone call with an HR recruiter who asked me pretty standard, generic questions. Overall a pretty awkward experience, with the recruiter seeming disinterested the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you solved a problem creatively.   Answer Question

NYC Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Long Initial Interview Process
    2 letters of recommendation
    2 essays --1. Collge essay type prompt 2. Why ogilvy and how does it stay relevant

Phase 2: Phone Screen--
    Interviewer was short and seem disinterested from the start.
    She asked 8 questions total. Was never contacted about next steps so I assume I did not make it to Super Day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something did not go as planned/Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

One on one interview which lasted around 1 hour, it was friendly discussions, asking standard questions.
    The atmosphere was friendly and not too formal, the interviewer also explained clearly on job duties and pros and cons in working in this company. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? What do you want to achieve in this position?   Answer Question

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Berlin (Germany)) in December 2016.

Interview

Professional but casual, easy going. Have your portfolio ready to be presented, and the creatives will feedback your work. Also have your career golas set, in case they ask you. It might help if you have experience with brands from the same industry of their clients, but I believe it is not a must.

Head of Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very relaxed informal interview (they even described it as a "chat") as fits with their company culture. We had a discussion about the role and its logistics before I was given a tour of their offices. They were incredibly positive and enthusiastic about me throughout and I left feeling there was a good chance I would offered the role. And then I never heard back again! Contacted gem after a week and was told I was still very much in the running.... then nothing. Hugely unprofessional. Have since seen the role advertised, so it has still not been filled, but the role has changed an doesn't appeal to me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging whatsoever - the toughest questions focused on what I had worked on previously   Answer Question

Global Consulting Director- Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online (through Ogilvy portal), contacted by HR for a phone screen. Overall fairly standard process and phone screen, and despite email to hiring manager, no response or communication after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Ogilvy/OgilvyRed
      Analytical Experience/Data & Insight Mining
      Cross-Functional Teamwork
      Answer Question

chargée de publicité Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Entretien assez difficile, très axé sur les résultats . Ambiance jeune et dynamique. Il faut prouver que l on s y connait en digital. Ils se concentrent aussi bien sur les competences que sur la personnalité qui doit etre assez créative.

Ogilvy Titans Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I, along with others, had a full day interview process. We were asked the typical questions like tell me about a time you were challenged. Tell me about a time where you were a leader. Just review normal questions and you will be good to go for the process.

Graduate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Made a youtube video on a brand that you admire, then got contacted about interview. 2 Interviews on the same day, 1st was personality which was one on one, 2nd was asking opinion on campaigns and more about the role with 2 planners.

Interview Questions

• Discussed personal statement on C.V, opinion on campaigns   Answer Question

Global Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the role in early May and heard back for a phone interview at the end of the month. I was overseas and they kindly allowed me to interview two weeks after that in mid-June. I interviewed over the phone with HR and the conversation was decent. Mind you, she couldn't dial my number right and I waited 5 mins for her to figure out my number. She pushed m forward in the process and I was suppose to have an in-person interview. I gave her my dates and waited. I never heard back so I reached out and she told me I was scheduled already for that day in just 2 hours! The admin/HR forgot to include me in the email so I never knew I had an in-person interview. Not sure how anyone can schedule a meeting and not even include the person and not even care to get a confirmation back.

The team scrambled and said that instead the manager would call me at the time scheduled. I waited, again. 15 minutes later I got the call. I spoke with the Partner and he pushed me forward in the process. He gave me a data set to analyze and told me to come up with insights to present. I was scheduled for a Tuesday interview. 2 hours before the interview he emailed me to cancel and said he'd reschedule within two weeks. It's now been 5 weeks. I reached out to HR three times and have no update. She couldn't even respond to two of my emails. The Partner has also ignored my emails.

This is beyond unprofessional. I put time and effort into the interviews and the inability to give me an update is beyond inexcusable. If anyone else has this issue, realize you aren't alone. Someone else besides me had a similar issue this HR person. So unfortunate because I really would have been a great fit for the role and I was excited about the opportunity. Their loss.