Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a headhunter. She passed my work on to the Creative Director. They liked my book and they gave me a call. We talked for an hour or so and then they got back to me a few days later and asked me to come in. There were two in person interviews. The process took about a month, but that was back in 2005

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. What accounts have you worked on? What agencies have you been at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

We first submitted an online application that included several essays. A month later, we heard about whether we got initial interviews or not. We then had a 30 minute phone interview with a current Account Exec.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Applied through university career site. We were asked to submit two essays and recommendation letters in addition to the usual documents. Was then contacted for a Skype interview. Lot's of behavioral questions, be sure to know your experience and be able to talk about them from different angles.

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a 7 minute interview on the phone. It was rather quick and out of the blue, as the job came through a recruiter. I didn't feel too much pressure, but as I mentioned, I was called without any info from the company,

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation in a project manager position? and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

First, I had to submit an online application that consisted of a resume, two letters of recommendation, and two essays. Next, I had a phone interview with an executive. Lastly, I was invited to SuperSaturday which consisted of a dinner and an all day interview. There really is no way to prepare for this last part besides being yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1. What types of people do you like to work with?
      2. What type of brand would you be?
      3. Describe a time you had to think differently.
      Answer Question

Ogilvy Titans Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I, along with others, had a full day interview process. We were asked the typical questions like tell me about a time you were challenged. Tell me about a time where you were a leader. Just review normal questions and you will be good to go for the process.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for one account, but due to budget cuts, ended up on a different account. Know this going into interviews that you may end up on a different team; if they like you, they'll find a place.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Met with 3 people of different levels. Pretty laid back. They bring you into a conference room on the main level and each person you meet with has 30 minutes to talk with you.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be when you grow up?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

They recruited at my school and I was required to send an application to both the my school's career site and their company site. The next step was a one on one behavioral interview with a senior or account executive. The third and last step would be an invite for super Saturday.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would you be?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2016.

Interview

applied online with a few essays. then had a skype interview. from there you are asked to either come to NYC for a super saturday. I did not make it to that round, but when you get there you are with a lot of other applicants and only few are given offers. this usually occurs in march

Interview Questions

• how do you work with people from different backgrounds? What advertising experience have you had in the pass?   Answer Question