Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.8

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, along with two essay responses and a recommendation. I was contacted a month after for a first round Skype interview with an account manager. It was pretty standard question, very conversational and she was genuinely just interested in getting to know me and my experiences highlighted on my resume. Very few behavioral questions. A week after, I was passed on to the next round, another Skype interview with an HR recruiter. Same deal, conversational, really wanted to get to know me. Overall, a very pleasant experience. Got an offer via phone and email from the recruiter less than a week after my second interview.

Global Consulting Director- Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online (through Ogilvy portal), contacted by HR for a phone screen. Overall fairly standard process and phone screen, and despite email to hiring manager, no response or communication after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Ogilvy/OgilvyRed
      Analytical Experience/Data & Insight Mining
      Cross-Functional Teamwork   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The 1st interview was a phone interview. These types of interviews are almost always awkward, and the interviewers didn't help ease it at all. It felt like they made it more awkward. A Skype interview was the next stage. It wasn't incredibly difficult and was a lot better than the phone interview.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview pretty casual and asked about my resume/ past experience.
    The following interview I skyped in with the team and a lot more behavioral/ personality questions. They really wanted to make sure I fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about a time that you had competing deadlines?
      Why Ogilvy?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was very natural. They asked standard interview questions, that was really straight forward. Know the company, and their basic values, and you will be fine.

Global Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the role in early May and heard back for a phone interview at the end of the month. I was overseas and they kindly allowed me to interview two weeks after that in mid-June. I interviewed over the phone with HR and the conversation was decent. Mind you, she couldn't dial my number right and I waited 5 mins for her to figure out my number. She pushed m forward in the process and I was suppose to have an in-person interview. I gave her my dates and waited. I never heard back so I reached out and she told me I was scheduled already for that day in just 2 hours! The admin/HR forgot to include me in the email so I never knew I had an in-person interview. Not sure how anyone can schedule a meeting and not even include the person and not even care to get a confirmation back.

The team scrambled and said that instead the manager would call me at the time scheduled. I waited, again. 15 minutes later I got the call. I spoke with the Partner and he pushed me forward in the process. He gave me a data set to analyze and told me to come up with insights to present. I was scheduled for a Tuesday interview. 2 hours before the interview he emailed me to cancel and said he'd reschedule within two weeks. It's now been 5 weeks. I reached out to HR three times and have no update. She couldn't even respond to two of my emails. The Partner has also ignored my emails.

This is beyond unprofessional. I put time and effort into the interviews and the inability to give me an update is beyond inexcusable. If anyone else has this issue, realize you aren't alone. Someone else besides me had a similar issue this HR person. So unfortunate because I really would have been a great fit for the role and I was excited about the opportunity. Their loss.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a headhunter. She passed my work on to the Creative Director. They liked my book and they gave me a call. We talked for an hour or so and then they got back to me a few days later and asked me to come in. There were two in person interviews. The process took about a month, but that was back in 2005

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. What accounts have you worked on? What agencies have you been at?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was living in another state at the time and HR and the team were very flexible to have the entire interview process through phone and skype interviews. I had one skype interview with three people in a row, basic questions about my background, nothing too difficult. Then one follow up phone interview with a fourth person. Intense / long background check done after I was given / accepted the offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

We first submitted an online application that included several essays. A month later, we heard about whether we got initial interviews or not. We then had a 30 minute phone interview with a current Account Exec.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Applied through university career site. We were asked to submit two essays and recommendation letters in addition to the usual documents. Was then contacted for a Skype interview. Lot's of behavioral questions, be sure to know your experience and be able to talk about them from different angles.