Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.1

Public Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through their website. Applicants submit their resume, then in lieu of a cover letter, are expected to complete three writing exercises. Questions included describing a time you were silent, why you are interested in Ogilvy, and writing a mock press release for a company you are interested in. If your resume/exercise impress you are asked to do a skype interview with one of their hiring offices. Applicants are then notified if they make it for a second round interview which I believe is noted as a "super saturday"

Interview Questions

• If you began your new job and the work load was far less than you expected how would you use your time?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy- first there were phone interviews with 2 people in HR, and over a course of a week I had phone interviews with four people in accounts. The accounts people were friendly and seemed genuinely interesting. The experience wasn't horrible, just very long and tedious. The HR people were also friendly, and it seemed like the work culture was close-knit.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

C&S Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

HR was excellent at first. He called me, answered emails quickly, took time out of a meeting to meet with me before my interview with the GCDs. But then after the interview he went radio silent. I followed up twice to no avail. I later found out from a recruiter (not affiliated with Ogilvy) that they were "looking for someone with lots of awards." I was really hopeful that they would at least have the decency to tell me no after I took time out of my twice to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• What TV show are you most embarrassed to admit you watch?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. A phone screening and then in person interview where I met with 3-4 people. We had conversations about my past experience, and they were very interested in whether or not I could play a singular role within the agency. Generally everyone was very pleasant and nice.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about your past experience, Q: Have you managed project scope and budgets?, Q: What is your working style?   Answer Question

Studio Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with a request for an interview that took place the following day. I interviewed with three different people, one-on-one for the first part of the interview, and two-on-one for the later part of the interview. The interview was very relaxed and only lasted about a half hour to 45 min. total. After the interview, I made sure I did all of the necessary follow-up steps--the thank you emails, the check-in email, etc. I was very disappointed when I didn't hear from anyone from the company regarding the status of my candidacy for over two weeks. Finally, I reached out to the person who had referred me, and was told that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• For this particular position, they asked many questions pertaining to the skills that are used in the final proofing process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Knew someone who worked at Ogilvy and who forwarded my resume. Met with a woman who only just switched companies to Ogilvy but would be heading the new team they needed the intern for. The AE I had been emailing back and forth with did not actually interview me. Interview was pretty standard. Tell me about yourself, past experience, how your skills would match this position, etc. I thought it went well but they ultimately went with a different candidate. When asked for feedback, I never got a response.

Associate's Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

After going to an info session, I applied online through Ogilvy Titans website - resume, cover letter and two creative writing pieces, I got an on-campus interview then never heard back from company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership position   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I filled out a creative application followed by one in-person interview held at my university. I did not go on to Ogilvy’s Super Saturday round, which is the final stage held at their offices in New York City.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1. Application with two Essay Questions (Resume, Cover Letter)
    Step 2. Phone or On Campus Interview (Behavioral interview is 30 mins)
    Step 3. Intensive Interview Day at Ogilvy & Mather NYC with a ton of different exercises to test you and see if you are a good fit for the culture
    Step 4. Offers given about a week later

Account Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through my university and it was the only interview in the entire process. There was only about 10-15 interview slots for the day. Interview was done over Skype, which loses the personal touch. The interviewer was pretty indifferent. Interviewer only asked questions off of a sheet and recorded notes on the answers I gave. She wasn't very personable, which made it hard to get a read on her ( very different than most of Ogilvy reviews). She also got confused with some of the scenarios I gave her during what, to me, were a simple business illustrations.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of how you worked in a group that creatively solved a problem and illustrate your role in that process.

Q: Give an example of a time that you worked in a group and met challenges with another group member and how you overcame those challenges.

Q: Give an example of a time where, in a group, you failed to complete a task or goal.

Q: Why Ogilvy?

A lot of the questions seemed to revolve around the explicit ways in which you have been creative within the specifically framed question. No questions on your skills. No personal strength, weakness, or failure questions. Very group oriented.
      Answer Question