Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty efficient. I recently applied to the position through their company website and had a response within a day. Afterwards, scheduled a phone interview with me and proceeded to have an in person interview. Good experience overall. I received an offer recently and am currently deciding whether to take it or not. The environment is very friendly and personable.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

There was no interview. I was freelance and they went under budget review in January and bullied freelancers into full-time. I said I would take a Sr Art Director role since I was not interested in a management role like an ACD, however they said they have "no hierarchy" and there is only 1 Art Director title (no Jr AD, AD or SR AD, which really affects the overcompensating competitive egos there) so I was basically forced to go freelance to full-time if I wanted to keep my job. I took a 30% paycut and worked 3x the amount of hours, with a rapid decrease in work-life balance. Not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Can you hurry up and sign the papers for this job offer blindly right now?   1 Answer
    • We're under a tight budget this year, can you sign on as full-time because otherwise we have to cut off all of our freelancers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. I interviewed with an HR rep and she asked mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer was great and kept it casual, making me feel comfortable despite being nervous.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you faced on a team and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I don't really remember fully. I just remember applying online, emailing people who worked at the company, and sending a personalized thank you card after (which I think helped). The interview was on the phone and I just remember odd questions being asked. I was not asked about strengths or weaknesses. I was asked why I wanted to work at Ogilvy.

There are also 2 essays you have to write. One was on why I wanted to work for Ogilvy and the other was about my biggest regret.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ogilvy?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I had been freelancing there, so there was already a rapport between us. After a couple of months and a few briefs, I was approached to see if I wanted to sign on full-time. It was a very simple interview, basically required negotiating salary. They gave an offer, I provided a counter offer. They approved with the supervisor and I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to take on a full time position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me an offer. I proposed a counter offer. They confirmed with a supervisor. I accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy- first there were phone interviews with 2 people in HR, and over a course of a week I had phone interviews with four people in accounts. The accounts people were friendly and seemed genuinely interesting. The experience wasn't horrible, just very long and tedious. The HR people were also friendly, and it seemed like the work culture was close-knit.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Chief Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Thorough, well done. Meet with several different team leaders through-out organization which gave me a 360 view of the company, its culture and day to day operations. The process was accelerated.

C&S Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

HR was excellent at first. He called me, answered emails quickly, took time out of a meeting to meet with me before my interview with the GCDs. But then after the interview he went radio silent. I followed up twice to no avail. I later found out from a recruiter (not affiliated with Ogilvy) that they were "looking for someone with lots of awards." I was really hopeful that they would at least have the decency to tell me no after I took time out of my twice to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• What TV show are you most embarrassed to admit you watch?   Answer Question

Client Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online via indeed (which took me to the company website). The next day, or a few days later, the HR person called me. After our phone call they emailed and asked me to come in for an in-person interview two days later. The interview was with three of the members of the finance department. I was in the office for about 90 minutes. I got a call the following week asking what I was looking for in compensation. The next day I got a call with the details of the position/wages and was emailed the offer letter. The quickest hiring process I've experienced. Everyone was really nice and helpful along the way!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. A phone screening and then in person interview where I met with 3-4 people. We had conversations about my past experience, and they were very interested in whether or not I could play a singular role within the agency. Generally everyone was very pleasant and nice.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about your past experience, Q: Have you managed project scope and budgets?, Q: What is your working style?   Answer Question