Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I applied online and the process started off very quick as I was working with a recruiter, but it took almost 4 weeks to get me in for a face-to-face interview. At that point I interviewed with a few of the team member and the interview was professionally handled. They asked typical interview questions and also some scenario questions to see if I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected and normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Web Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially found out about the job through a creative employment agency. Initial phone interview with HR. Then, went in for a 6-person rotating 1:1 interview - meeting with various groups within the organization. Asked situational questions and about my entrepreneurship. I was also asked questions about my management type and how to deal with unproductive subordinates.

Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

filled out an application in december, had a first round phone interview in februrary, if you get past the phone interview round you will move onto a day called "super saturday" where you have in person interviews and have to take a test

Insights Director Interview

Interview

Every one I have talked with is much above average of other firms and really nice. Further Ogilvy does do some great advertising work. At the end of the day I think it's probably the best large firm to work at given the variety of projects they do. None the less I've interviewed with Ogilvy twice for different roles. In both cases the process was pretty disorganized, dragged out, mitigated & sources out between multiple people. There isn't any methodology, which makes me question how they approach business processes or work. One case in particular totally missed the boat on where they should be headed from a strategy standpoint. And the reason for the non hire was extremely petty. In most scenarios I get the feeling when I talk with them, I'm not talking with "professionals professionals". The staff generally relies on the brand name over original thought processes in my view. But then again which large firm really is in the comms industry..

Interview Questions

• Not so much the questions, it's getting the sense where the person interviewing you is coming from. And what they know. As they can be a bit flighty, it's hard to figure out - especially in my field.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Really chill and relaxed. Not what I was expecting. Met with a ACD and CD. Nice view of the city from the interior. Both of which had tattoos on their arms and were not afraid to show this. Just be yourself and professional. They are looking for character and the right look in a book thats all.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The job was for staffing a position at IBM's Marketing and Creative lab. Different versions of this job are listed pretty much 365/year and I felt that it meant they weren't really serious about staffing the position. Now I *know* they aren't serious. I did a phone interview, an in-person at Ogilvy, and 2 in-person interviews at IBM. They told me that I was the candidate they had been searching for and let me know that they would be extending an offer. The recruiter I worked with also got the same information and Ogilvy was set to offer me a contract by the end of the week. Great. Except they dragged this on for months, promising that a deal was forthcoming, then changing their minds and not telling me or the recruiter why they dropped me as a candidate. This is no way to treat a human being. I did everything right, they went back on a promise and tainted the reputation of their legendary company for me forever. I now work for a competitor and would love nothing more than to see my company kick their butts in the digital space. The company is bloated, dishonest and due for a correction.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences with Taxonomy on large client projects.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

First round interviews where done on phone. Basic information was exchanged like "tell me about yourself?" The next round is more serious where three people talk to you in increments of 20 minutes on the phone. Be specific with your information.

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was extremely long and draining. There was a first round interview that was brief, and then a series of 3 interviews with people from the specific group that you're interested in.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty straightforward; no curve balls.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Morristown, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted my interview on the website, a few weeks later they contacted me for an interview. I was recommended by an employee so I got to skip some of the previous hiring steps.

Associate's Program (Titans) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2014.

Interview

They came to my university to talk about the program during the first semester of my senior year. I fell in love, it sounded amazing. There was an online application that I submitted directly through my school to them, which involved two writing prompts (why do you want a career in communications, and what was your biggest regret are the two I picked out of a few options). You also needed two references. I then got an interview once the recruiters came back to school – probably around 10 others were selected to interview at my school. The interviewer, an alum, asked a list of basic interview questions and had NOT read any of my prior materials. It felt like a waste of my time since he clearly was looking for certain answers to the questions and was just going down the list, without any interest in having genuine conversation. But if you're prepared with basic interview answers you should be ok. It's just highly competitive.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement?   1 Answer