Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

3.1

83 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through my university and it was the only interview in the entire process. There was only about 10-15 interview slots for the day. Interview was done over Skype, which loses the personal touch. The interviewer was pretty indifferent. Interviewer only asked questions off of a sheet and recorded notes on the answers I gave. She wasn't very personable, which made it hard to get a read on her ( very different than most of Ogilvy reviews). She also got confused with some of the scenarios I gave her during what, to me, were a simple business illustrations.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of how you worked in a group that creatively solved a problem and illustrate your role in that process.

Q: Give an example of a time that you worked in a group and met challenges with another group member and how you overcame those challenges.

Q: Give an example of a time where, in a group, you failed to complete a task or goal.

Q: Why Ogilvy?

A lot of the questions seemed to revolve around the explicit ways in which you have been creative within the specifically framed question. No questions on your skills. No personal strength, weakness, or failure questions. Very group oriented.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Interview

The application becomes available some time in December. You submit your resume online. There's also an application which involves 2 essays. There is one phone interview. I applied in early January and was interviewed at the end of February.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with someone in HR for the accounts management internships. She was very nice and was very direct with asking questions. It wasn't one of those interviews where it feels like a conversation the whole time. She asked about 6 questions and then I was able to ask any questions I had.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I landed the initial interview through a staffing agency. I then spoke, one on one, with an Executive for approximately 20 minutes. They were very kind, funny, and to the point. They were interested in my background, my interests, and what brought me to Ogilvy. After chatting, they explained the role in detail, stressing how a lot of it about the nuance of the bullet points required.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I applied online and the process started off very quick as I was working with a recruiter, but it took almost 4 weeks to get me in for a face-to-face interview. At that point I interviewed with a few of the team member and the interview was professionally handled. They asked typical interview questions and also some scenario questions to see if I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected and normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Web Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially found out about the job through a creative employment agency. Initial phone interview with HR. Then, went in for a 6-person rotating 1:1 interview - meeting with various groups within the organization. Asked situational questions and about my entrepreneurship. I was also asked questions about my management type and how to deal with unproductive subordinates.

Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

filled out an application in december, had a first round phone interview in februrary, if you get past the phone interview round you will move onto a day called "super saturday" where you have in person interviews and have to take a test

Insights Director Interview

Interview

Every one I have talked with is much above average of other firms and really nice. Further Ogilvy does do some great advertising work. At the end of the day I think it's probably the best large firm to work at given the variety of projects they do. None the less I've interviewed with Ogilvy twice for different roles. In both cases the process was pretty disorganized, dragged out, mitigated & sources out between multiple people. There isn't any methodology, which makes me question how they approach business processes or work. One case in particular totally missed the boat on where they should be headed from a strategy standpoint. And the reason for the non hire was extremely petty. In most scenarios I get the feeling when I talk with them, I'm not talking with "professionals professionals". The staff generally relies on the brand name over original thought processes in my view. But then again which large firm really is in the comms industry..

Interview Questions

• Not so much the questions, it's getting the sense where the person interviewing you is coming from. And what they know. As they can be a bit flighty, it's hard to figure out - especially in my field.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Really chill and relaxed. Not what I was expecting. Met with a ACD and CD. Nice view of the city from the interior. Both of which had tattoos on their arms and were not afraid to show this. Just be yourself and professional. They are looking for character and the right look in a book thats all.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The job was for staffing a position at IBM's Marketing and Creative lab. Different versions of this job are listed pretty much 365/year and I felt that it meant they weren't really serious about staffing the position. Now I *know* they aren't serious. I did a phone interview, an in-person at Ogilvy, and 2 in-person interviews at IBM. They told me that I was the candidate they had been searching for and let me know that they would be extending an offer. The recruiter I worked with also got the same information and Ogilvy was set to offer me a contract by the end of the week. Great. Except they dragged this on for months, promising that a deal was forthcoming, then changing their minds and not telling me or the recruiter why they dropped me as a candidate. This is no way to treat a human being. I did everything right, they went back on a promise and tainted the reputation of their legendary company for me forever. I now work for a competitor and would love nothing more than to see my company kick their butts in the digital space. The company is bloated, dishonest and due for a correction.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences with Taxonomy on large client projects.   1 Answer