Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I don't really remember fully. I just remember applying online, emailing people who worked at the company, and sending a personalized thank you card after (which I think helped). The interview was on the phone and I just remember odd questions being asked. I was not asked about strengths or weaknesses. I was asked why I wanted to work at Ogilvy.

There are also 2 essays you have to write. One was on why I wanted to work for Ogilvy and the other was about my biggest regret.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ogilvy?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

I had been freelancing there, so there was already a rapport between us. After a couple of months and a few briefs, I was approached to see if I wanted to sign on full-time. It was a very simple interview, basically required negotiating salary. They gave an offer, I provided a counter offer. They approved with the supervisor and I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to take on a full time position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me an offer. I proposed a counter offer. They confirmed with a supervisor. I accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy- first there were phone interviews with 2 people in HR, and over a course of a week I had phone interviews with four people in accounts. The accounts people were friendly and seemed genuinely interesting. The experience wasn't horrible, just very long and tedious. The HR people were also friendly, and it seemed like the work culture was close-knit.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Chief Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Thorough, well done. Meet with several different team leaders through-out organization which gave me a 360 view of the company, its culture and day to day operations. The process was accelerated.

C&S Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

HR was excellent at first. He called me, answered emails quickly, took time out of a meeting to meet with me before my interview with the GCDs. But then after the interview he went radio silent. I followed up twice to no avail. I later found out from a recruiter (not affiliated with Ogilvy) that they were "looking for someone with lots of awards." I was really hopeful that they would at least have the decency to tell me no after I took time out of my twice to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• What TV show are you most embarrassed to admit you watch?   Answer Question

Client Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online via indeed (which took me to the company website). The next day, or a few days later, the HR person called me. After our phone call they emailed and asked me to come in for an in-person interview two days later. The interview was with three of the members of the finance department. I was in the office for about 90 minutes. I got a call the following week asking what I was looking for in compensation. The next day I got a call with the details of the position/wages and was emailed the offer letter. The quickest hiring process I've experienced. Everyone was really nice and helpful along the way!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. A phone screening and then in person interview where I met with 3-4 people. We had conversations about my past experience, and they were very interested in whether or not I could play a singular role within the agency. Generally everyone was very pleasant and nice.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about your past experience, Q: Have you managed project scope and budgets?, Q: What is your working style?   Answer Question

Studio Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with a request for an interview that took place the following day. I interviewed with three different people, one-on-one for the first part of the interview, and two-on-one for the later part of the interview. The interview was very relaxed and only lasted about a half hour to 45 min. total. After the interview, I made sure I did all of the necessary follow-up steps--the thank you emails, the check-in email, etc. I was very disappointed when I didn't hear from anyone from the company regarding the status of my candidacy for over two weeks. Finally, I reached out to the person who had referred me, and was told that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• For this particular position, they asked many questions pertaining to the skills that are used in the final proofing process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Knew someone who worked at Ogilvy and who forwarded my resume. Met with a woman who only just switched companies to Ogilvy but would be heading the new team they needed the intern for. The AE I had been emailing back and forth with did not actually interview me. Interview was pretty standard. Tell me about yourself, past experience, how your skills would match this position, etc. I thought it went well but they ultimately went with a different candidate. When asked for feedback, I never got a response.

Associate's Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

After going to an info session, I applied online through Ogilvy Titans website - resume, cover letter and two creative writing pieces, I got an on-campus interview then never heard back from company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership position   Answer Question