Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Knew someone who worked at Ogilvy and who forwarded my resume. Met with a woman who only just switched companies to Ogilvy but would be heading the new team they needed the intern for. The AE I had been emailing back and forth with did not actually interview me. Interview was pretty standard. Tell me about yourself, past experience, how your skills would match this position, etc. I thought it went well but they ultimately went with a different candidate. When asked for feedback, I never got a response.

Associate's Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

After going to an info session, I applied online through Ogilvy Titans website - resume, cover letter and two creative writing pieces, I got an on-campus interview then never heard back from company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership position   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, followed by 3 individual 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers at the Ogilvy office. Once the interviews were completed, I also had an additional meeting with 1 senior manager of the team.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

At Ogilvy, you end up meeting about 5 to 6 people for an interview, in most cases. You have to be fully prepared not to let this throw you off, especially when you get the feeling that some of them have not been fully briefed on why they are interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in seeing whether my experience was a good fit for the potential job, given the industry and the brands. In addition, they were interested to determine if I would be a good fit with the clients from the point of view of having good client chemistry.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I filled out a creative application followed by one in-person interview held at my university. I did not go on to Ogilvy’s Super Saturday round, which is the final stage held at their offices in New York City.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1. Application with two Essay Questions (Resume, Cover Letter)
    Step 2. Phone or On Campus Interview (Behavioral interview is 30 mins)
    Step 3. Intensive Interview Day at Ogilvy & Mather NYC with a ton of different exercises to test you and see if you are a good fit for the culture
    Step 4. Offers given about a week later

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

My interview process was fairly easy. They were staffing up on a smaller account, so I just spoke with the HR recruiter on the phone and with the account supervisor a couple weeks later. Both of which were extremely friendly and knowledgable and sold me the position. Once I had completed the interviews, I was eager to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position/agency? How does your background make you the best fit for this role? Whats a difficult professional situation you have been in the past and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through my university and it was the only interview in the entire process. There was only about 10-15 interview slots for the day. Interview was done over Skype, which loses the personal touch. The interviewer was pretty indifferent. Interviewer only asked questions off of a sheet and recorded notes on the answers I gave. She wasn't very personable, which made it hard to get a read on her ( very different than most of Ogilvy reviews). She also got confused with some of the scenarios I gave her during what, to me, were a simple business illustrations.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of how you worked in a group that creatively solved a problem and illustrate your role in that process.

Q: Give an example of a time that you worked in a group and met challenges with another group member and how you overcame those challenges.

Q: Give an example of a time where, in a group, you failed to complete a task or goal.

Q: Why Ogilvy?

A lot of the questions seemed to revolve around the explicit ways in which you have been creative within the specifically framed question. No questions on your skills. No personal strength, weakness, or failure questions. Very group oriented.
      Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Interview

The application becomes available some time in December. You submit your resume online. There's also an application which involves 2 essays. There is one phone interview. I applied in early January and was interviewed at the end of February.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted application requiring 2 essays and 2 letters of recommendation.was eventually contacted for a Skype interview. Mostly standardized behavioral questions. Lasted about 20 minutes. Got an offer email later in the month.