Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

My interview process was fairly easy. They were staffing up on a smaller account, so I just spoke with the HR recruiter on the phone and with the account supervisor a couple weeks later. Both of which were extremely friendly and knowledgable and sold me the position. Once I had completed the interviews, I was eager to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position/agency? How does your background make you the best fit for this role? Whats a difficult professional situation you have been in the past and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1. Application with two Essay Questions (Resume, Cover Letter)
    Step 2. Phone or On Campus Interview (Behavioral interview is 30 mins)
    Step 3. Intensive Interview Day at Ogilvy & Mather NYC with a ton of different exercises to test you and see if you are a good fit for the culture
    Step 4. Offers given about a week later

Account Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through my university and it was the only interview in the entire process. There was only about 10-15 interview slots for the day. Interview was done over Skype, which loses the personal touch. The interviewer was pretty indifferent. Interviewer only asked questions off of a sheet and recorded notes on the answers I gave. She wasn't very personable, which made it hard to get a read on her ( very different than most of Ogilvy reviews). She also got confused with some of the scenarios I gave her during what, to me, were a simple business illustrations.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of how you worked in a group that creatively solved a problem and illustrate your role in that process.

Q: Give an example of a time that you worked in a group and met challenges with another group member and how you overcame those challenges.

Q: Give an example of a time where, in a group, you failed to complete a task or goal.

Q: Why Ogilvy?

A lot of the questions seemed to revolve around the explicit ways in which you have been creative within the specifically framed question. No questions on your skills. No personal strength, weakness, or failure questions. Very group oriented.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Interview

The application becomes available some time in December. You submit your resume online. There's also an application which involves 2 essays. There is one phone interview. I applied in early January and was interviewed at the end of February.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted application requiring 2 essays and 2 letters of recommendation.was eventually contacted for a Skype interview. Mostly standardized behavioral questions. Lasted about 20 minutes. Got an offer email later in the month.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with someone in HR for the accounts management internships. She was very nice and was very direct with asking questions. It wasn't one of those interviews where it feels like a conversation the whole time. She asked about 6 questions and then I was able to ask any questions I had.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The HR dept. seems to be a bit lacking. My interviewer asked me a lot of menial questions and basically wanted me to reiterate the resume she held in her hand. I've had temp experience as an assistant and tried to show her my knowledge but she really had little interest in what i had to say. All in all, she seemed to just be going through the motions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I landed the initial interview through a staffing agency. I then spoke, one on one, with an Executive for approximately 20 minutes. They were very kind, funny, and to the point. They were interested in my background, my interests, and what brought me to Ogilvy. After chatting, they explained the role in detail, stressing how a lot of it about the nuance of the bullet points required.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I applied online and the process started off very quick as I was working with a recruiter, but it took almost 4 weeks to get me in for a face-to-face interview. At that point I interviewed with a few of the team member and the interview was professionally handled. They asked typical interview questions and also some scenario questions to see if I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected and normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contact by an internal recruiter (Ogilvy does not work with third party recruiters) about a role and I had a phone interview with HR, and a follow-up with the hiring manager and 1 more team member. The interview was pretty standard: we walked through my resume and previous experience and they told me about the role they were hiring for. I was a little surprised at how long it took for them to follow-up, which I've heard from A LOT of people, but I finally heard back 3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked standard questions about my experience. Nothing too tough, but definitely depends on the hiring manager.   Answer Question