Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.8

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Really chill and relaxed. Not what I was expecting. Met with a ACD and CD. Nice view of the city from the interior. Both of which had tattoos on their arms and were not afraid to show this. Just be yourself and professional. They are looking for character and the right look in a book thats all.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It was an overall pleasant interview. Spoke directly with the Head of Talent Management, she was very welcoming and listened to the answers attentively. She was more interested in my experience as an intern in 3 different countries in the past 4 years and how I adapted to different working cultures.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions on experience handling multiple clients in fast-paced environment, familiarity with social media tracking tools, reporting and client service skills.   Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Face2Face interview with 3 people, 30 minutes each. Two Digital PMs and the Director of Project Management.

Applied through a recruiter, seems to be a quicker experience. As I previously applied online and received no response.

Interview Questions

Not as digitally savvy. Name is a legacy within the ad agency arena, but so far behind the times of where it should be.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The job was for staffing a position at IBM's Marketing and Creative lab. Different versions of this job are listed pretty much 365/year and I felt that it meant they weren't really serious about staffing the position. Now I *know* they aren't serious. I did a phone interview, an in-person at Ogilvy, and 2 in-person interviews at IBM. They told me that I was the candidate they had been searching for and let me know that they would be extending an offer. The recruiter I worked with also got the same information and Ogilvy was set to offer me a contract by the end of the week. Great. Except they dragged this on for months, promising that a deal was forthcoming, then changing their minds and not telling me or the recruiter why they dropped me as a candidate. This is no way to treat a human being. I did everything right, they went back on a promise and tainted the reputation of their legendary company for me forever. I now work for a competitor and would love nothing more than to see my company kick their butts in the digital space. The company is bloated, dishonest and due for a correction.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences with Taxonomy on large client projects.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

team leader find me through linkedin and have two interview one with HR one with the team manager

Interview Questions

• they asked about my professional and academic experience, mostly about my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

unnegotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First there was a Skype interview with an HR, followed by 3 phone interviews. Asked the normal behavioral questions, with a few that were harder than normal. The Skype interview was more difficult since it was a little more awkward. The process took a long time, about 4 months total.

Interview Questions

• When's a time you failed, and how did you correct the failure?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

First round interviews where done on phone. Basic information was exchanged like "tell me about yourself?" The next round is more serious where three people talk to you in increments of 20 minutes on the phone. Be specific with your information.

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was extremely long and draining. There was a first round interview that was brief, and then a series of 3 interviews with people from the specific group that you're interested in.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty straightforward; no curve balls.   Answer Question

Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I sent an email to the recruiter who received my resume and scheduled three phone call interviews back-to-back. The interviews were very friendly and personal. They were just three really nice people who wanted to be friends and get to know me.

Interview Questions

• What is one example in a recent ad campaign of a brand that really connected with it's target market?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Terms were set already. They sent over an offer letter with everything outlined.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Morristown, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted my interview on the website, a few weeks later they contacted me for an interview. I was recommended by an employee so I got to skip some of the previous hiring steps.