Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.8

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The HR dept. seems to be a bit lacking. My interviewer asked me a lot of menial questions and basically wanted me to reiterate the resume she held in her hand. I've had temp experience as an assistant and tried to show her my knowledge but she really had little interest in what i had to say. All in all, she seemed to just be going through the motions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I landed the initial interview through a staffing agency. I then spoke, one on one, with an Executive for approximately 20 minutes. They were very kind, funny, and to the point. They were interested in my background, my interests, and what brought me to Ogilvy. After chatting, they explained the role in detail, stressing how a lot of it about the nuance of the bullet points required.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I applied online and the process started off very quick as I was working with a recruiter, but it took almost 4 weeks to get me in for a face-to-face interview. At that point I interviewed with a few of the team member and the interview was professionally handled. They asked typical interview questions and also some scenario questions to see if I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected and normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contact by an internal recruiter (Ogilvy does not work with third party recruiters) about a role and I had a phone interview with HR, and a follow-up with the hiring manager and 1 more team member. The interview was pretty standard: we walked through my resume and previous experience and they told me about the role they were hiring for. I was a little surprised at how long it took for them to follow-up, which I've heard from A LOT of people, but I finally heard back 3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked standard questions about my experience. Nothing too tough, but definitely depends on the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I had 5 phone and Skype interviews over the course of about a month and a half. I was kind of left in the dark on how long it would take for them to get back to me. As far as the interview process, people were very nice and supportive along the way.

Interview Questions

• Asked me mostly about my prior experience and interests. They were also curious about my interest in the job.   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was incredibly relaxed with an informal tone to how it was run. There was a lot of room for you to expand on your qualifications during your chances to speak but they really take the time to get to know your personality to see if you could fit in their work environment. I think that tends to be a little more important for them - if you get the chance to interview with them, they already assume you can more or less do the job you applied for, but but can you fit in their mold?

Interview Questions

• I see you had worked at (company). How did you enjoy your time there?   Answer Question

Web Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially found out about the job through a creative employment agency. Initial phone interview with HR. Then, went in for a 6-person rotating 1:1 interview - meeting with various groups within the organization. Asked situational questions and about my entrepreneurship. I was also asked questions about my management type and how to deal with unproductive subordinates.

Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

filled out an application in december, had a first round phone interview in februrary, if you get past the phone interview round you will move onto a day called "super saturday" where you have in person interviews and have to take a test

Insights Director Interview

Interview

Every one I have talked with is much above average of other firms and really nice. Further Ogilvy does do some great advertising work. At the end of the day I think it's probably the best large firm to work at given the variety of projects they do. None the less I've interviewed with Ogilvy twice for different roles. In both cases the process was pretty disorganized, dragged out, mitigated & sources out between multiple people. There isn't any methodology, which makes me question how they approach business processes or work. One case in particular totally missed the boat on where they should be headed from a strategy standpoint. And the reason for the non hire was extremely petty. In most scenarios I get the feeling when I talk with them, I'm not talking with "professionals professionals". The staff generally relies on the brand name over original thought processes in my view. But then again which large firm really is in the comms industry..

Interview Questions

• Not so much the questions, it's getting the sense where the person interviewing you is coming from. And what they know. As they can be a bit flighty, it's hard to figure out - especially in my field.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Really chill and relaxed. Not what I was expecting. Met with a ACD and CD. Nice view of the city from the interior. Both of which had tattoos on their arms and were not afraid to show this. Just be yourself and professional. They are looking for character and the right look in a book thats all.