OgilvyAction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OgilvyAction Interview Questions

2.9

Field Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The first step was a phone screening interview. Then I met the manager in an informational type meeting, and was hired on the spot. You do have to pass a drug, and background check.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding sales experience, and customer service.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial communications initiated by HR representative. Interviewed with HR and 2 CDs. Was told to reach out to HR for developments. HR seems responsive.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Everyone seemed very interested in the quality of work being put out. and many people mentioned the workload was crazy.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

They reached out to me and said they were interested. Then I had a 20-30 min chat with HR to talk about if it would be a good fit. After that HR set up an initial interview with 3 people for 45 min each. The first team member didn't know what position I was interviewing for. The second was my boss and was well prepared. The third knew what I was interviewing for but didn't seem as prepared. It was more informal with the first and third. The second was still relaxed, but definitely had questions prepared. The third person walked me out so I didn't see HR again. Ask HR about when you will hear and any other questions before because they won't see you after they drop you to your interview room. They've requested a second round interview with more senior management. Seems very unnecessary especially because they sought me out and its not a very high position.

Interview Questions

• Questions are standard. Nothing completely unexpected came up.   1 Answer

Haven't gotten the official offer yet, but I was not that interested in the job.

Associate Creative Director, Copy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I went through a recruiter so my resume had already been vetted. I had a phone interview first with the hiring manager. Then met with group ECD, lead account director and one of the clients I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• What types of materials have you written? Long and short form?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who new enough to be dangerous but when pressed for more information could not / would not disclose due to confidentiality regarding the role and responsibilities or the client. I felt like there was a job. I just did not know what it was until after the first interview. Once I knew they liked me, the hiring manager opened up and gave the real job overview. However, it took nearly 4 months before I finished the final interview and then started at the company. Too long. At one point, I had another offer and that is what spurred action to make me the offer I needed to move from my current job.

Interview Questions

• " How would you manage a difficult peer? " That should have clued me into the type of culture and internal politics of the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for what I needed and they gave it. I guess it was a little harder for them to find the talent they thought was important so they were willing to bend. Thankfully.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Long process. Relocated for this position. All interviews were at my expense with 4 interviews total. Should have been a sign. The person interviewing me was the direct manager of position.

Analyst - Entry Or Junior Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the HR to see if I am a good fit for the position as well as the company. I got an in-personal interview invitation at the end of the phone interview. The 1:1 interview consisted of three sessions, meeting the team members for 30minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Field Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

the interview was for temporary employment . the process was a phone interview and than an in person interview with 3 people from the management team at the company office located in New york City. Upon completion of successful in the field training , a temporary offer was made . This offer led to future employment opportunities all on a temporary basis .

Interview Questions

• If you encounter a business owner that tells you to leave their store , what would you do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

the offer was for temporary employment.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

A series of interviews, including a trip to Chicago to what was then the HQ there. They were in a period of rebirth and re-hiring that was very uncomfortable.

Account Supervisor - Card Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OgilvyAction (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by Sam Martin and then interviewed by his boss. Both interviewers were professional and addressed all of my questions and concerns. After the first interview I thought I had a good chance of getting the job. I ended up not getting the job

Interview Questions

• What is the most important asset you can bring to this company?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will be the most important task of this position?   Answer Question