OgilvyOne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.6

Senior Vice President Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was introduced by a friend directly to the hiring managers of the position. I went through three interviews with top management in the account. The interviews lasted one hour and were all very interesting. I had the opportunity to make questions, they were candid about the client's situation and they had very good feedback after meeting me. Unfortunately they decided to promote someone internally but I would love to work with the people I met.

Interview Questions

• What frustrated me more from the corporate world?
      How I would approach integration for this client?
      How I understand programmatic?   Answer Question

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY).

Interview

Other than asking about past experience, it was a standard interview process. They focused on the following:
    - Strengths/Weaknesses
    - Why Ogilvy
    - Behavioral questions
    - Tell me top three skills that make you a good fit
    - Tell me about an experience in which you were a leader

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OgilvyOne.

Interview

A friend connected me to someone at Ogilvy. I met with them and kept in touch until a role opened up I came in for a formal interview. I met with HR and various team leaders, questions spanned brand strategy but also personal interests. They seemed to value both skills and cultural fit

Interview Questions

• How would you go about creating a communications plan for X brand? What makes a good brief?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with HR first. Director asked me a few questions about my previous job, but it really was the shortest interview that I have been on in awhile. Director literally gave me a tour of the building.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a very quick process. They basically asked me about my past jobs and why I wanted to work here, and that was it. i was asked the usual interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OgilvyOne.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn. I had one phone call screening with recruiter from Ogilvy and one in-person meeting with four individuals at the company. The interview wasn't grueling at all, everyone was very friendly and eager to chat about projects and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about previous projects, always good to show examples.   Answer Question

Email Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OgilvyOne (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online through referral. HR reached out to me via phone for a preliminary and short phone interview ~15 minutes going over my resume and outlining how my qualifications would fit the position. Then had another phone interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Again, we went over my resume, but it was still very casual. I then came in for an in-person interview, and spoke with several team members. I met with 3 people (one of them being the supervisor I talked with on the phone) in a row and had varying types of interviews in each. The interviews ranged from casual conversation about life to behavioral questions regarding my resume. For the most part, I felt very confident and as though I was not being led on about receiving an offer. I received an offer via email a few days laters.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with conflict with a team member/superior   Answer Question

User Experience Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OgilvyOne (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I didn't go through a traditional hiring process. I was contacted directly by an executive leader, we had some discussions, then I met with other key people on a couple of different occasions. Then I was passed off to the more "official" channels.

The first part was great - it allowed me to get to know the opportunity over some time and from various angles. The second part was a mess.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a FT position, but I negotiated to start with a contract role b/c I wanted to try out the fit before making a commitment.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

2 phone calls
    1 in person interview

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal day at the office?   1 Answer

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

During the interview process, I was told about a great new initiative that they wanted to bring me on board to begin. Once I began working there, most of what I was told about the project, support, structure was completely different.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate.