Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C..

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR and then came in for an in person interview with two employees of the firm. Overall a very easy and fast process and heard back extremely quickly.

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Greenville, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Began with HR screening interview via the phone, then phone interview with hiring manager, then face to face interview with mgr, CFO, and systems analyst.

At first, I felt confident that I would be selected for the position. The hiring mgr spoke the most, giving details about the position. He then mentioned that it was a salaried position that would require working beyond 6pm due to a new system implementation. I was fine with that. My only request was that I be allowed to work from 9am until. The mgr said that I needed to be there by 830am and that there was no flexibility in time. I spoke to the other financial analyst and she was so bubbly! I enjoyed her. She said that there is always flexibility. If I needed to leave early or work from home, it's definitely doable. She mentioned that she has a flexible schedule. So imagine my surprise when the mgr said NO, I could not come in 30 minutes later, even after I explained that I am a single mom and I need time to drop my kids off to school. That didn't move him at all. In fact, I think it made him even more biased towards me. The entire mood of the interview changed after that. He became very cold and uninterested. At an employment and labor law firm, I felt discriminated against because of my family orientation, wow. I'd have to be a complete idiot to even consider a position where I am required to be in at a certain time but I have no idea when I will be allowed to leave.

I know I was qualified for the position. Since then, I've been contacted by 2 different outside recruiters for this same position based upon my resume, so clearly I wasn't excluded due to lack of knowledge, skills, abilities, or education. I never received any feedback from that mgr or HR.

Interview Questions

Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Response

Sep 1, 2017 – CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER

I am truly sorry that you did not have a favorable interview experience. As it happens, we promoted internally for this position. We do wish you success in your search.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two partners from the firm. Very nice and easy to talk to. They asked why I was interested in employment law, and wanted to know how I work under pressure. They asked about how my past positions help prepare me to succeed at a firm such as theirs.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Ogletree Deakins?   1 Answer

Client Intake Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. in June 2016.

Interview

Received a telephone call requesting an interview. Met with the department manager and team lead. Interview lasted almost an hour. Was told they would let me know when it was narrowed down to 2-3 candidates. Never heard another word.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C..

Interview

3 interviews, 1 phone interview and 2 in person. The process took about 2 months. No hard questions were presented. I was offered the position and started 2 weeks later.

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Greenville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. Met Senior Manager and Managers on first interview. Asked behavioral and knowledge questions.

Second interview was based on evaluating situations and troubleshooting them on the fly. There were situational questions and questions that needed to be worked out on the white board.

Interview Questions

• Q: Talk us through certain scenarios that we pose to you...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you let your background check go through before putting in your notice at your previous employer.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received a call for a screening interview within days of submitting application. Set it up in a few days. Screening interview with 2 shareholders. They asked typical questions and basically just wanted to see if you were a normal human being. Call back within a week and interviewed with several of counsel, shareholders, and a panel of associates. The call back interviews varied a lot depending on the individual you were interviewing with. Received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come here? Where else have you applied?   Answer Question

Press Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. in March 2016.

Interview

It was like your basic interview. The usual questions....why do you want to work here? What can you bring? I rated the interview process negative because of the people conducting it. They called late, rushed the interview and just seemed like their attention was elsewhere. I don't know if they just were not very interested in me as a candidate, but it was just a bad experience.

Paralegal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was scheduled quickly, and I was hired on the spot. They were inviting and friendly, and went fairly thoroughly over my resume and background experience. I was asked fairly basic questions, why do I want the job, why do I want to work at Ogletree, etc.

Immigration Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C..

Interview

Applied online on their website. Received a call from someone at their office a week later. Wasn't sure if it was HR or one of their attorneys.

The interviewer asked why I was interested in entering immigration law. I said I am interested in it because it is a component that promotes international business and commerce, plus I have foreign language skills. The interviewer cut me off and said immigration law is completely different
    from international business and corporate law. :/