Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Interview Questions

Interviews at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C.

2.4

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Greenville, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

At the time, the person conducting the interview was rather unfriendly/critical. I was extremely put off by this person, but gave the actual attorney I would be working for a chance, as I knew that I wouldn't be interacting with the Office Administrator that much.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate the terms/salary. I took a massive pay, but had no choice because my move was urgent.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C..

Interview

Quick interview. They simply asked if I had experience in the various types of law that they practice. They mainly argues why I should join instead of asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• What attorneys do you work with at your current employer?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C..

Interview

Longer process than most places. Roundtable in person. Easy questions with 3 practice attorneys. Basically gave an overview of the firm and the role. The senior administrative assistant was so personable and nice. Set a really nice tone.

Paralegal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was scheduled quickly, and I was hired on the spot. They were inviting and friendly, and went fairly thoroughly over my resume and background experience. I was asked fairly basic questions, why do I want the job, why do I want to work at Ogletree, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

The first interview is a short "screening" interview, about 30 minutes. The interviewers asked general questions. The second interview is a three hour process of one-on-one interviews with five people (including the Managing Shareholder and attorneys of various levels) and then a "roundtable" question and answer interview with three associates.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

One-on-one interviews with shareholders. Each interviewer asked similar questions about work history. Each interview lasted 30 minutes or less. I made sure to send thank you emails after interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work history.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received a call for a screening interview within days of submitting application. Set it up in a few days. Screening interview with 2 shareholders. They asked typical questions and basically just wanted to see if you were a normal human being. Call back within a week and interviewed with several of counsel, shareholders, and a panel of associates. The call back interviews varied a lot depending on the individual you were interviewing with. Received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come here? Where else have you applied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two partners from the firm. Very nice and easy to talk to. They asked why I was interested in employment law, and wanted to know how I work under pressure. They asked about how my past positions help prepare me to succeed at a firm such as theirs.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Ogletree Deakins?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. in December 2017.

Interview

I received an email within one week of submitting my application. I had an in-person interview shortly thereafter. I met with six attorneys. They were all nice. Never heard back about the job.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews and os ne face to face

Interview Questions

• What is your expectations regarding compensation.   1 Answer

Pay