Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Interview Questions

Interviews at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C.

2.4

Sort:

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. in August 2016.

Interview

On Campus Interview for their Summer Associate program in Richmond, VA. The interview process was kind of awkward. They were expecting a lot more up front from the interviewee than the typical OCI interview. They expected you to be the first to talk, first to ask questions, very broad questions.

File Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. in June 2014.

Interview

I located the job online via a job website (Monster or Career Builder). I submitted my application via email as directed by the job posting. I did not receive a call back regarding scheduling an interview until 2 or so weeks later.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Director was extremely pleasant stated they were taking their time to fill the position, but she would call me back if they decided to do a face-to-face interview. Received a follow up email that she would be calling me.

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Greenville, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. Mgr, analyst, CFO. Analyst was very nice and bubbly, mgr wasn't receptive after I told him I was a single parent. CFO was ok. The mgr told me that it was a salaried position, so I asked about the hours. He said 830 to whenever. So I said is it ok if I come in at 9 and he said NO. So I said well its a salaried position didn't know the hours were set in stone. They wanted me to be there at 830 and work until I was told to leave. Sounded like a they needed a slave or servant instead. I felt completely discriminated against because the analyst had just told me how flexible the company was with work life balance then the manager feeds me something different. And this is an employment law firm. Ironic. I never heard back from anyone but I have had 2 recruiters reach out to me for the same position at this company. I'm glad they didn't offer because I would have declined anyway.

Interview Questions

Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Response

Feb 19, 2018 – CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER

It appears that this candidate has written a second review for the same interview... More

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C..

Interview

3 interviews, 1 phone interview and 2 in person. The process took about 2 months. No hard questions were presented. I was offered the position and started 2 weeks later.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Simple questions were asked about leadership. Typical behavioral questions. They want to know about what you are passionate about. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. You get interviewed by an HR staff along with the supervisor of your division. After the interview it took like a week to hear back from them. Good experience working at Ogltree!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you struggled to get a project done?   Answer Question

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Greenville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. Met Senior Manager and Managers on first interview. Asked behavioral and knowledge questions.

Second interview was based on evaluating situations and troubleshooting them on the fly. There were situational questions and questions that needed to be worked out on the white board.

Interview Questions

• Q: Talk us through certain scenarios that we pose to you...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you let your background check go through before putting in your notice at your previous employer.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially a telephone interview. Went into office and met with Administrator. Came over to this firm with practice group that was opening a New York office.

Immigration Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C..

Interview

Applied online on their website. Received a call from someone at their office a week later. Wasn't sure if it was HR or one of their attorneys.

The interviewer asked why I was interested in entering immigration law. I said I am interested in it because it is a component that promotes international business and commerce, plus I have foreign language skills. The interviewer cut me off and said immigration law is completely different
    from international business and corporate law. :/

Immigration Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Talked with two of the youngest Attorneys at the firm in a conference room for 15 minutes. I asked most of the questions. They were very young and appeared unprepared and lacking in interviewing skills to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any knowledge or experience in Immigration Law? That was about it. Very short. They were desperate to hire someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

See What Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros: “Friendly staff Great location Amazing training and support Fantastic resources for staff and clients”“Friendly staff Great location Amazing training and support Fantastic resources for staff and clients” – Full Review