Oil and Natural Gas Geophysicist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Geophysicist

Oil and Natural Gas Geophysicist Interview Questions

Interviews at Oil and Natural Gas

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (Roorkee (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

ONGC had come to my campus for hiring. The interview began with the classic "Tell us about yourself" which was followed by different application-based questions related to seismic data acquisition. There were 5 members in the panel and all of them asked different questions ranging from definitions to application-based questions. I was also asked about my internships and questions related to what I had learnt at my internship.

Interview Questions

• What is VSP?
    How would you judge the amount of explosives to be used in a survey?
    In how many years would gas hydrates become a viable energy resource?
    Calculate foldage
    If seismic and MT were performed simultaneous;y, what would be the maximum depth of penetration?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oil and Natural Gas

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview panel have asked me all the questions related to the work which I have done in the previous company. The panel was polite and made me comfortable. It was kind of discussion I would say and that was the best part.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were related to seismic interpretation. First they asked me to write the flow chart and then they were asking me the questions from that flow chart itself.   1 Answer