Oklahoma City Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.8

Substitute Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It was a review of my college credits and an orientation with OSHA video. Not much else to tell. I was highly qualified. I did a FEDERAL background check and fingerprints.

6th Grade English Interview

Interview

Through Teach for America Americorp while completing my final semester of undergraduate college. The process began with rolling deadlines with a plethora of inquiring how I would handle situations regarding classroom management. We also have to prepare a 5 minute mini lesson of our choice to present in the small interview group setting. After that we wait a couple of weeks while the algorithm is comprised and members are selected to the corps.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called to interview with the school's principal, and vice principal before meeting the teacher. I spent about an hour with the students, and then asked if I would like to join the staff.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to helping the teacher and students?   Answer Question

Client Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

You create an account and upload all your relevant documents(which aren't listed). Apply for the position and receive an e-mail or call within a couple weeks about coming in to interview. Interview questions pertained to the position and a few standard behavioral questions. After accepting the position, electronically signing the contract on the same site you applied, you go to HR for Onboarding which in my case was done individually and was lacking in structure and information. They gave me what little information they had and sent me to do a background check, they now do drug tests as well, and had me go to the job site that same day. A bit odd that I get to work before they receive background check results, especially in a school district.

Interview Questions

• If you are working on an issue that you do not immediately know the answer, how would you go about finding the resolution?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I got an email 2 weeks later. Got invited to orientation with 10 others subs. I had to pay 59.00 for a background check that was non refundable. I was asked ZERO questions. Teachers withholding bachelor's degrees that are uncertified make 55 dollars a day. High school students can apply too. They make 45 dollars a day and certified teachers make $80 day. So, if you pass the background check your in. No drug test at all whatsoever. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• no questions. You watch blood pathogen videos, and ways to identify child abuse.   1 Answer
    • How often do you want to get paid?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. $45 for HS Students $55 for non certified teachers. $80 for certfied and retired teachers. It's supposed to change for teachers assistants in the fall to I believe half a day pay even if sub works all day.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

None. I repeat...none. I was told I could have the job as soon as I contacted the principal. The next month was waiting for HR to get everything together. They did not contact me once. I had to initiate all calls to them.

Language Arts Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools.

Interview

I was submitted my application on the OKCPS website. I was called in for an interview with the principal and the chair of the English department. I loved both of them! The interview was very formal. They asked basic questions, and I could tell they wanted detail answers as to if I could handle teaching at that location. I was called two days later and was again asked if I wanted to work there. I replied yes and it was one of the best moves Ive made career wise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

State sets the salary based on degree and years of experience.

5th Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

We interviewed over Skype since I was living out of state. They asked about my teaching experiences and how I saw myself fitting in at OKCPS. I interview with the principals of several schools across the state that were hiring, and heard back from several of them. There was no discussion of salary - since each city has a set pay scale that's not negotiable. Orientation started a week before our report day at the school. It was enlightening, but optional.

Interview Questions

• How to you handle different reading levels in one class?   Answer Question