Okta Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Okta Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Okta

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Okta (San Jose, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got called by a recruiter. Recruiter took my profile back to the hiring manager who agreed to set up a phone screen for me. Phone screen was an hour long. 2 questions asked. Both simple. I answered both satisfactory. Next day, the recruiter emails me saying although I did well, they decided not to continue because of profile mismatch. Offered to explain more, but I've emailed him twice and heard nothing. Poor recruiting experience imo.

Interview Questions

• Find max number in an array. Write a test function that will take the input and expected output. Write test cases for it. 2nd: Find the 2nd max in an array.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Okta

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter from okta reached out to me on LinkedIn.

As usual he asked me few times available to chat.
    I suggested him few times that week and guess what he set a call for next week. I was pretty OK.

1 Hour before the call, I get an email saying he is overbooked, and scheduled my interview next week without asking for my availability. I understand it happens so I suggested great sounds good talk to you next week.

Guess what on next appointment, 30 mins before my call he said he is rescheduling interview again.

I was interested in learning more about okta but cannot work for company which is not professional or respectful to candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

In short, extensive and impressive!!! Starting with a seasoned, supportive and punctual recruiter phone call, then a company introductory meeting with an awesome VP of Engineering who will leave you just dreaming of joining his team. Screening phone interviews, a full day of interviews with great friendly Okta staff and finally followup interviews to best position the candidate in the right team. Things that touched me like accommodating a personal condition that postponed my interviews for a couple of months. Top smart engineers, who are down to earth and very friendly. The moment you step in, you can feel the positive energy everywhere, and staff who have passion for everything they do. The recruiter gave me the best interviewing experience I ever had in my over 18 years of professional experience. He's very friendly, helpful, kept me up to date with the process and did everything possible to make me comfortable during the process. I am very sad I couldn't go for their offer due to some personal reasons at my end.

Interview Questions

• NDA! I am sorry!!! The good thing they are going to tell you ahead what to expect during the interviews. No surprises! They just need to gauge your skills level, not to trick you.   Answer Question

Personal reason, nothing to do with Okta at all. I believe they are a great team to join.