Olam International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

3.2

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olam International (Willowbrook, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by current employees in Sales Management Trainee Position for initial interview. Second interview was with Key account managers and the VP of Sales and Senior Director of Sales on site.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Olam International (Fresno, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, did a phone and then an in person interview with her. Next was contacted by the HR Department from Olam. Spoke for roughly 30 minutes.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olam International in September 2016.

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview after applied on their career site a month ago. General behaviour based questions with HR. It was not difficult but the person who interviewed me seemed not really passionate about this interview and I even doubted if this person listened to me carefully cause I was asked two questions that were pretty much the same. Disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What is your five-year plan?
      What do you see your opportunities at the company   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Olam International.

Interview

Phone interview was the first stage, very brief and gave and overview of my background. Then an on-site at the closest office where we spoke with HR via video conference. Questions were direct and seemed relevant. No surprises, everything was very typical of an interview. The whole process took about 3 to 4 weeks.

Business Analyst Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olam International in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for phone interview after 3 days. The position I applied is in Dallas, TX.At first, I replied an email to schedule an interview time and the HR didn't reply. I did it again and no reply again. The third time, finally, HR called.... After several common questions, the HR said she would forwarded my resume to the managers. The interesting part was in the same day , I got an email from the HR and the HR asked me to call her. After I called the HR, the HR found out we had talked in the morning....

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olam International (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I was very impressed with how the interviews were conducted. We all met at Olam's Fresno headquarters and had a brief information session about the company. After that we had an opportunity to network with each other and then split up for up to eight rounds of 30 minute interviews. We got to interview with people that had to been in our position last year, and were also able to talk to employees from HR and more senior positions in the departments we applied for. Overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you have been in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager (Plant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olam International (Fresno, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by Regional HR Director

Face to Face interviews at Corporate Office (3hrs)
    F2F interview with Regional Director one would report to approx. 1 hr. Expectations and overview of position
    F2F interview with 2nd Regional Director from a different region 1 hr. Review all work History
    F2F with Sr Director of Human Resources 1 hr. more review on work History and questions about work titles....
    Last phase is to tour the plant for culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the company structure for each organization on my work history.
      Do you have any aspirations?
      If my superiors were contacted as reference what would they say about me.
      Questions about duties @ each organization on my resume.   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Olam International (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met personally with a Director of Quality and a Director of HR in Olam's regional office. Director of Quality had only been with them for three months. Director of HR had been with them for five years. The interview started out in a large conference room and then was moved into a vacant office due to someone else having reserved the conference room. The director of Quality left the interview early due to being late for a meeting. Have not heard anything from these people or the recruiter who set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: why do you want to work for us; what are your career goals; why are you not working for your last employer anymore; etc.

Most of my background has been in Manufacturing and operations. Numerous questions about how a person with that background could switch to Quality and be successful. Did I find the transition difficult; what did other people think; was I the only one in the company who made that transition, etc.

My career has also spanned Product Development and R&D. I have crossed over into those areas to improve the quality of the products we were making. That concept was really difficult for the Director of Quality to accept.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Olam International.

Interview

The hiring process was very long but useful.Had 6 rounds of interview with different Business heads in the company.I had two technical rounds out of 6,which were with my department director and Vice president.It was manageable though.Only behavioral questions and experience was asked.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult.Requires little patience and confidence   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olam International in February 2014.

Interview

Went to a job fair hosted by my university, saw their booth. Went and talked to their recruiters, they were very nice and offered me an interview the next day. Got interviewed by 2 of their HR, the interview was around 30 minutes long.