Old Country Buffet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Country Buffet

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Interview

I Walked in and was immediately told I had the job, and that I just needed to interview for formality. They asked about previous employment and then said I seemed more than qualified. As a server you are only bussing tables and talking to people, not actually serving tables. It was a very short and simple interview. They set up my orientation day right away, and that was basically it.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Interview

Asked avaviblity and when I would be able to start had to to a food handling test did that started the next day got uniform and paperwork filled out w2

Line Attendant Interview

Interview

one on one interview, questions asked, and background check, application filled out, etc. Met with management discussed pay, and was hired right after the inverview. It was very simple, short, and sweet

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Kent, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

As soon as I sat down, the manager hit me with the famous "tell me about yourself" that I was confused about who I even was but as time went by, I got more comfortable and had an easy conversation about the work. I just asked basic questions and she answered basically.

Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Kennewick, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Short they asked what I would work lied and promised me full time employment, raises, and cross training, and offered me a job. Still waiting on those promises two years later.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by the manager around 8:00am and was invited to an interview. I walked in and was offered a drink and seat and the assistant manager met me and started talking to me in a normal conversation. The interview was calming, and the hospitable environment made the interview not stressful. After some questions and talking I was hired on the spot and told to come to orientation the next day. After filling out paperwork and watching videos on the overall job info I had training.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview, very relaxed. Asked me my daily routine, half way through the interview she decided I was overqualified for the position. Extremely polite interviewer. She said if anything came up with my qualifications she would contact me.

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Brown Deer, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

I Came in told front desk that i'm here for an interview with whom....the lady at front desk went in got the hiring manager. We greeted each other, then we begin interviewing. she begin asking me questions pertaining to the job. may i add more that she also asked me questions as to why should she hire me? she asked me how would i handle a difficult situation when dealing to rude customers i replied i will always remain calm and try my best to keep customer at ease.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Calls back a week of two after applying. Single interview that lasts about 15 minutes. They go over past job history, and the position you would potentially be hired for and all the expectations that go along with the job and the pay rate for that job. After the interview you get another call a few hours later about whether or not you got the job. Orientation the following week lasts for a couple of hours and is paid.

Interview Questions

• If something went wrong with a guests meal and they were upset, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

At job fair at the restaurant I met the District Manager and one of the managers for that branch. Standard questions about goals and experiences. I had applied online and they liked my assessment scores. Was invited back to meet with another manager that week.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic, though I had applied for a management position and was talked into a trainee position which would have been fine if they had hours to offer me, which they didn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't work there. They hired me for a position they had no hours for and stuck me filling salad and some entrees. They eventually cut my hours from 16 to 8, and then to 0 without saying a word.