Old Country Buffet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Country Buffet

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Lansing, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

they pretty much called men in asked questions but not in a it all depends on this type if way , i had two people interview me i signed some papers ..had the job immediately then met my supervisor my first and easiest job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none minimum wage accepted

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Victorville, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had walked in, got an interview on the spot. Was told to come back in later in the week to complete the second half of my interview with the other manager. Came in at THEIR requested scheduled time and the second manager said they weren't hiring at all because it was slow. They said come back after the first of the year. Came back in same thing, except when I went for the second part of the interview they were too busy and had me come back the following week. Came back and they were busy AGAIN. They scheduled my interview for the following week and when I came in they said the position had been filled. That's 6 times I was told by them to come back in for a scheduled interview. Very unprofessional management. Very glad I didn't get offered a job, although I would have liked to have not been yanked around for over a month while I was trying to schedule school. I could care less that I didn't get the job, not a scorned interviewee, just upset at the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had ever been in a verbal or physical fight in high school.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Interview

I Walked in and was immediately told I had the job, and that I just needed to interview for formality. They asked about previous employment and then said I seemed more than qualified. As a server you are only bussing tables and talking to people, not actually serving tables. It was a very short and simple interview. They set up my orientation day right away, and that was basically it.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Brown Deer, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

I Came in told front desk that i'm here for an interview with whom....the lady at front desk went in got the hiring manager. We greeted each other, then we begin interviewing. she begin asking me questions pertaining to the job. may i add more that she also asked me questions as to why should she hire me? she asked me how would i handle a difficult situation when dealing to rude customers i replied i will always remain calm and try my best to keep customer at ease.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Interview

Interview was easy. I was just asked my availability, and past experiences. The manager was very nice, and the interview process took about a week. Was super easy and Was hired on the spot

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Interview

Sat down and talked with the manager for approximately five minutes. Nothing to difficult, basic questions such as, "Can you stand on your feet for a long period of time without sitting" and "Can you lift up to 20 lbs. with no difficulty"

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Kent, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

As soon as I sat down, the manager hit me with the famous "tell me about yourself" that I was confused about who I even was but as time went by, I got more comfortable and had an easy conversation about the work. I just asked basic questions and she answered basically.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Interview

Asked avaviblity and when I would be able to start had to to a food handling test did that started the next day got uniform and paperwork filled out w2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet (Forestville, MD).

Interview

Well, when you come to your interview on time, you still have to wait an extra 15 minutes for the manager to come out. The interview was really simple, basic questions. I passed the first interview, but didn't pass the second.

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Country Buffet in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to come in. I came in and greeted the kitchen manager and we went in the dining room that was cut off from the main room. He asked me typical questions about my availability, school and all that and then he told me that he was gonna bring the restaurant manager in to talk to me. He came in and he asked questions that were more into baking and he had a recipe with him that he wanted me to memorize it and quizzed me on it. After I passed that he told me that he had other people he had to interview and if I got the job he would call later on that day and tell me. He called and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to remember to do to the cake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none