Old Navy Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

1.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Old Navy (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was an open interview. The manager was very friendly and did not ask too many difficult questions. Throughout the interview, she reassured me I would get the job and believed I was a great fit but never got a call back . Two months later , I got a email saying I didn't get the job

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Brief, no drug test given. Really a joke. Made me wait over an hour to talk to a manager for 15 minutes. It was not a real interview. The managers there will hire almost anyone.

Brand Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

i first went to an old navy store where they were having a job event. I first applied online and did a learn-up training program that was very helpful. Then the first part of the interview came along and it was very simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate anything yet, but I assume that they will ask about your desired hourly wage

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they didn't call me until about 2 weeks later. They called and asked if I was still interested and I said yes. The manager said there was actually a "hiring fair" happening at their store the next day, so he asked me to come in for a group interview the next day at 10:30am. He was very nice on the phone and made me feel comfortable about the group interview. He said "don't worry, we won't ask you any crazy questions. Just come in dressed in whatever you would wear to work here" (I wore black pants with brown boots and a nice sweater).
    I got there a couple minutes early and was told to roam around the store until they were ready.
    They came and found the 3 of us that we're being interviewed. I was nervous because he interviewed us in the middle of the store with customers walking around and listening in, but it was so relaxed I didn't even mind it. The manager was extremely nice and made me feel so comfortable. He asked us about our availability and then asked us to go find an item in the store that "speaks to us". We then had to bring the item back and each had to explain why we liked it. It was more of a casual conversation. Then he told us to go take that item and make an entire outfit out of it. We all came back and had to show the outfit and explain who the customer wearing the outfit would be, wear they would be going, ect. He made us feel great about everything we picked and overall it was the best interview I've ever been to. After that he asked us if he had any questions and that was all. This interview took place on Thursday. He said we would get a call from him by Monday (when our background checks came back) letting us know if we were hired. I didn't hear back from him until that Wednesday but he apologized that it took so long for the background checks to come back and then offered me the job. I had to decline because I already accepted another job position elsewhere since Old Navy took longer than expected to get back to me. Overall it was the most comfortable and relaxed interview and all the staff made us feel really welcome.

Accepted another job elsewhere

Brand Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Concord, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they scheduled me for an interview a week later, I came in to the store, I signed in, one person took me to the side and asked me some questions, then the group of people applying got a tour of the store by another person and then they said they would be in contact. The actual interview process in the store was only about 20 minutes. They called me a week later and offered me the job and told me to come in for training.

Service & Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process wasn't very difficult. It last for about 2 weeks in which I meet with different store managers. They asked the basic questions about how you can contribute to the company and what would you change about the current situation.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy (Concord, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was in a group setting and it was very relaxed and easy going. The managers were very nice and it was more of a getting to know the people rather than an interview. They showed videos and asked us many scenario questions on how to handle customers. Once the interview was complete everyone in my group was offered a job. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Questions

• What was one way in which you encountered an upset customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Service & Training Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

I went to a college fair and met a store manager who encouraged me to apply..... so I did. I got a call 2 weeks later to sched. a pre screen which went well......... then a month went by without hearing anything until I had an interview with the DM.

Interview with another store manager was hard due to the fact that she kept role playing different situations trying to see how I handle it.

I was unassigned until I was placed in a store.

Interview Questions

• What would you do... if an associate is spreading rumors... or if an associate production is going down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were trying to low ball me.... with offering 15/hour. I just graduated and for that pay it wasnt worth it... I renegotiated for $16.50/hour

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

I was called first for a mini-interview (she asked why I was applying). I then went in for the first interview with the hiring manager, which was quick with easy questions. The second interview was with the store manager and was more in-depth. There was a two day (8 hours in all) training process, then I was put on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to confront a coworker about unethical behavior?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Associate- Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Matthews, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Casual interview process. Started off with a brief phone interview just to make sure that you were a competent person. Then it could be a group interview or a 1v1 depending on the store. Some of the interview 'questions' felt more like team-building activities (sharing facts about yourself) and others involved selling a random object in the room (pencil, paper clip, chair). Not bad overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style and how does that represent you?   Answer Question