Old Navy Customer Experience Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Navy Customer Experience Associate Interview Questions

2.1

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Selden, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Selden, NY).

Interview

Three different in person interviews over the course of 2 weeks with three different managers who were incredibly nice until I was actually hired, then they couldn't be bothered, my store had a tendency to way over hire.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Akron, OH).

Interview

All interviews are the same for Old Navy until you're applying for a higher-level management position. Standard and straight-forward questions to assess your personality and previous work experience. Not demanding at all. If they bring you back in for a second interview you probably will get the job as they're always looking for new hires and it's not too hard of a job.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when your plans got changed suddenly and how that made you feel?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Old Navy in June 2013.

Interview

I sent in an application online and received a callback a couple weeks later for an interview. The interview was really basic (why do you want the job, etc.), and I thought I did well. The manager said there would be callbacks for everyone, regardless of receiving a position, the following day. She didn't call for a couple days, so I followed up with her. She interrupted me multiple times as if I were interrogating her on the phone, and I could tell that I did not receive the job right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Arlington, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Basically it was a very easy and simple process. I had applied for the job online over the weekend, and by the following Tuesday received a phone call asking for an interview. When I went into the interview I had to fill out a questionnaire sheet, and the interviewer read my answers and led the interview from there. It was very chill and I felt very relaxed and comfortable. He only asked me about 2 standard interview questions and the rest were more "getting to know me" type questions. The interviewer then told me information about Old Navy and asked me about hours I would be able to work. I received a call later that night telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could offer as an Old Navy employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation at all. I was told the price that I was going to be paid per hour (about a dollar above minimum wage), and that was that.

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Spoke with an operations manager on the phone, then got called for an in-store interview with an assistant manager, then finally the general manager. Took about 3 weeks. Interviews were pretty chill. The managers are nice and understanding and friendly, so don't be nervous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told my starting pay and if I was still interested.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week later. I was asked to come in two days after the phone call. At the end of the call, I was asked "Why Old Navy?" and "What does customer service mean to you?" I was interviewed in a group of five including myself. Our interviewer was really nice and didn't ask any typical interview questions. Aside from name and ages, we were asked "What is your ambition in life?" She then passed around a bowl with random questions such as " What is your favorite movie and why?" What is your favorite hang out spot and why?" She then took us to the sales floor and gave us five minutes to put together a outfit for her based off of questions we earned asked her. Afterwards we were told we'd here back within a week for a second interview if selected. I was called the next day and asked to come in the following day with the general manager. She loved my outfit (all Old Navy apparel) and didn't really ask questions but told me about the daily store operations, how the departments are broken into different categories, and than asked in which department did I see myself. I told her I think I would be a great cashier and she agreed and offered me the position. Overall it was a good process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company already?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any room for negotiation. I was offered 9.40 per hour which is above minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Fairview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Fairview, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week later. During the phone call I was asked what kind of job I was looking for and why I wanted to work for Old Navy. She then asked if I could come in the following Tuesday. I showed up about 15 minutes early and had a pretty simple interview, being asked questions that were more focused on who I was, my style, and what my plans were for the future. After the interview was over I was then asked to come in later that day for a second interview with a different manager. During this interview I was asked more hypothetical and situational questions. I was also asked what part of the store I would feel most comfortable working in and how I felt about selling the company card. Exactly one week later I was called by the original manger I interviewed with telling me that I was hired and that she would let me know when orientation was.

Interview Questions

• What type of job are you looking for? Why Old Navy?   Answer Question
    • Where was the last place that you went that tried to sell you a card? Why did or didn't you get it? What would you have done differently?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your style?   Answer Question
    • Let's say that there is a new stock of brand new belts that comes in and you and Susie are talking about how cute they are. Well, later that day you think you see Susie wearing one of the same new belts that just came in this morning. How would you go about this situation?   Answer Question
    • What was the worst customer experience you have had when shopping for clothes? What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was my first job I didn't feel like I had the authority to negotiate. They offered $7.75 an hour and I accepted.

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

One on One interview starts it off, and then they ask what availability is and then you have some other questions it all depends on the store demograpic. Also it depends on the type of interview, if it is an open call interview there will be multiple Service and Training managers there. If it is a one on one that stores Service and Training Manager will interview you personally.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the team if hired?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Abilene, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Had first interview with the training manager. He asked me about my last job, school, and work availablitly. Asked questions like tell me about a time when......etc. Said he would talk to manager about me, and they'd call to set up second interview. Called back an hour after I got home, had second interview next day. Pretty much same questions, worded differently. Got hired after passed background check. Go in next week for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Asked what their top 3 competitors were. He told me it was a trick question and would not count against me, and he also knew i was new to the area so he did not expect me to get it right. got one out of three.   1 Answer

I lost my only I.D. with my new married last name on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Noblesville, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Old Navy. The woman was very nice but called me by the wrong name. I answered the phone and she asked for me by my last name. Other than that, she was professional. The questions were fairly standard, but she wanted someone with completely open availability for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Old Navy?   1 Answer