Old Navy Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.0

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

it went okay. my managers were polite , friendly , and funny. they made me feel welcomed to the job. after my interview, i got to meet other workers and we all sat in a room the second day , and got to know each other and watched videos . it was kind of tiring but fun at the same time.

Interview Questions

• what should you do if you se someone stealing from the store ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Port Charlotte, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Group interviews. Extremely uncomfortable. Much like a session of group therapy. Role playing putting together an outfit and describing the merchandise. One guy put an outfit together and went on to describe why he would never wear the clothes. He was still hired.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Buford, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy laid back basic questions, like why do you wanna work here? theyll ask you about you'r previous work experience and thats really about it. just be honest and yourself with them and have a interest in fashion and youll do fine.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Called in for an interview maybe a week after I applied. The interview process was fairly easy. The manager was nice and the environment was very welcoming. The interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. Was called back in approximately less than a week later to discuss pay. Was hired on spot after negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Very easy. Basic questions. Tell me about yourself. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable but u have to be stern and have a number in mind. (Don't get to ahead of yourself though)

Anonymous Employee in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Millbury, MA).

Interview

In order to submit a resume you must go to the Gapinc.com website to careers and submit a resume. Then you have to take a small assessment which is very easy (what kind of pants are these?) After about 2 weeks the resumes have made it from corporate down to the particular store you applied to. If the hiring/store manager approves and they need positions filled then they will give you a call and set up a time for a one-on-one interview.

Dress in something casual but do not have any brand names visible on your items of clothing. Make sure everything is neat and you look presentable. You then meet a manager who will take you around the store and discuss the goals of Old Navy and gauge your personality to see if you are a good fit. In my interview the manager made me greet customers and gave me one of the Old Navy shopping bags to see if I could get a customer to use it. I was successful in all fronts; however, if you aren't it doesn't jeopardize your interview too much. It's all about how you react to it; just keep smiling and you're all set.

If they liked you enough in that interview then they will call you back and interview you with another manager in the back-room/office. They ask you pretty straightforward questions, much like the ones in the online assessment. Most are common sense and others have to do with your personal sense of style. The rest of the questions deal with how you would act in certain situations: another associate is rude to a customer, another associate is stealing...etc.

Depending on how you do they will call you back within a couple of days. You go back along with a couple of other associates and they do all of the training. Overall it is one of the easiest interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question, at the time, was when they had asked me, "What would you do if you noticed that an associate is rude when dealing with a customer?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate as it was only a part-time position.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tampa, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

There was a group interview with about six people and the next round was with the main store manager. After the interview we were given a tour of the store.Overall the interview was pretty quick, easy and straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Troy, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Got called in for an interview 2 weeks after I applied online. I showed up and I was interviewed with 4 other people. Truthfully, I cannot stand group interviews, simply because whoever spoke up first was out in the clear and the other 4 of us had to scramble to make us stand out. I got called 2 weeks later and was offered the job, but I declined.

Interview Questions

• Who are our two biggest competitors?   1 Answer

They only offered minimum wage, which wouldn't be worth it with how far the store is from my home.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy (Charleston, SC) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call relatively quickly about scheduling an interview. I had an interview with the general manager of the store. She asked pretty typical questions regarding customer service such as what would I do if a customer was angry. Overall it was a very easy-going interview and I came in dressed very casually. I was offered the position within a couple of days

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about asking customers to sign up for our credit card service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Lancaster, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a group interview followed by a one on one interview. The group interview asked general questions and not everyone was asked to have a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a disgruntled or unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Group Interview then second

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Based on previous experience.