Old Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Its was average they asked alot of questions simple they tell you what they want in an employee if you have a GED or a high school diploma how many years of experience do you have in the position you were applying for

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I applied online on a Tuesday, theres not much room to put skills and other stuff besides your resume. I applied and haven't heard anything back. It's been a week, but this would also be my first job so it's expected to get denied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harker Heights, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (Harker Heights, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. It was a group interview and there was about 10 people. We were interviewed by the loss prevention manager and a merchandising manager. We had to bring in something that we're passionate about and explain to the group why we enjoy whatever it was. I was the only one that brought in something Im passionate about, everyone else brought in something with settlemental value and made a sob story out of it (which literally had nothing to do with what the manager asked of us). Then we had to go on the sales floor and pick an outfit that we found stylish or something that we could sell to customers and explain why we chose it. At the end, the manager pulled us aside and asked us what our availability is. She told me that I was definitely one of her top candidates but they were only looking for people overnight and for early in the mornings and the only reason it didnt work out was because Im still in school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and about two months later I got an email that Old Navy was doing an open interview event. Since I still didn't have a job, and had past experience working at Old Navy in a seasonal position I decided to go. The manager did the interviews in groups of five at a time. She asked us to each give our names and an interesting fact about ourselves. After that we were timed to pick out a specific outfit in five minutes. Once we had the outfit picked out she told us to sell it to her, and give an example of one thing we would include and one thing we would take away from the outfit if we had to do it again. Then we put the clothes back and she assigned us to various parts of the store to work for a few minutes while she went around and watched. I thought it was strange that the manager didn't seem to want to discuss past work experience that may have been relevant to the job, so I'm not sure how I felt about that interview.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked us to put together an outfit and sell it to her.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

they call u first, and if u pass the telephone interview, they'll schedule a group interview, it was very easy and relax. the manager brought a translator for me but I was able to speak in english.

Interview Questions

• tell more bout yourself
      choose one outfit
      1 Answer

Brand Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy in January 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview, I was only with 2 others. They told us the history behind old navy etc. told us to pick an item on the sales floor bring it back and explain why you chose that item. Then wanted us to create an outfit from that item as well. It was super relaxed nothing intimidating. They just talked about the company a little bit & we spent maybe 30 minutes for open discussion/questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about old navy?   1 Answer
    • What year was old navy founded?   2 Answers
    • What are the 4 companies related to old navy?   1 Answer

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Pawtucket, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

Motivated, have the flexibility and skills to handle a challenging job, I like dressing up for special events an all. This is a good job for me because I like dressing up an helping people on what to wear for a place to go or ect

Interview Questions

• Why would I be good person to work there   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for the loss prevention lead at a flagship store. First interview was on the phone with a recruiter. Asked basic questions about responsibilities and experience. Second interview was on person with the Senior loss prevention manager. Very in depth and specific on previous experience in areas like direct reporting and internal investigations.

Interview Questions

• How does an internal investigation start and how do you build on it once started?   Answer Question
    • What are some things that you have implemented that the company didn't necessarily have in place?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the 3 most important skills that are necessary for someone in this position?   Answer Question
    • What has been your experience with direct reporting?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had with shortage reports and exception reporting?   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your employees?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter calls you for a brief phone screening before you set up an in-person interview at the location to which you are applying.

However, note date, time, and person you spoke to on the phone. Sadly, something was lost in translation because I never got the in-person interview. The recruiter mistakenly thought we set up an actual date and time for me to come in and interview, but we did not. I only talked to the recruiter once and the recruiter thought she talked to me twice and that I missed the interview. So, always keep record of your interviews/conversations, etc.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I received a call soon after I applied and did a phone interview. The hiring manager was very nice and asked a few questions. The call did not last more than 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Is there a time when you had a bad experience working with others?   Answer Question