Old Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1,295 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Carbondale, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with 4 other people. It was actually fun. We had to pair up with one or two people and learn about one another and learn 2-3 things we had in common then discuss it in front of everyone. Then we had to introduce ourselves in front of everyone. We also had to bring one item in that represents us and what we are passionate about. Then we had to go pick out an outfit and sell it to the interviewer. During that time, we also had to find out three benefits of opening an Old Navy credit card, either from google, the pamphlets in the store, or from an employee in the store. Super comfortable. I got a call a few days later for a second interview. The group interview was more about standing our and them getting to know your personality.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Nottingham, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy overall. It was a one one one interview. I applied online and the next day i got an email saying schedule and interview. They gave two dates and time .

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Navy (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was searching for a job and just walking into places and submitting my resume, talking to the managers and employee's ect. I spoke to the manager for maybe a minute and she asked if I'd just like to interview for the job now. It was a two part interview the first part she asked me general interview questions (tell me about yourself). The second part of the interview she had me pick out a outfit for someone to wear to a family reunion, they want to see your fashion sense. After I picked out a outfit I was told they wanted to hire me.

Brand Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy in January 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview, I was only with 2 others. They told us the history behind old navy etc. told us to pick an item on the sales floor bring it back and explain why you chose that item. Then wanted us to create an outfit from that item as well. It was super relaxed nothing intimidating. They just talked about the company a little bit & we spent maybe 30 minutes for open discussion/questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about old navy?   1 Answer
    • What year was old navy founded?   2 Answers
    • What are the 4 companies related to old navy?   1 Answer

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Pawtucket, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

Motivated, have the flexibility and skills to handle a challenging job, I like dressing up for special events an all. This is a good job for me because I like dressing up an helping people on what to wear for a place to go or ect

Interview Questions

• Why would I be good person to work there   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I received a call soon after I applied and did a phone interview. The hiring manager was very nice and asked a few questions. The call did not last more than 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Is there a time when you had a bad experience working with others?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for the loss prevention lead at a flagship store. First interview was on the phone with a recruiter. Asked basic questions about responsibilities and experience. Second interview was on person with the Senior loss prevention manager. Very in depth and specific on previous experience in areas like direct reporting and internal investigations.

Interview Questions

• How does an internal investigation start and how do you build on it once started?   Answer Question
    • What are some things that you have implemented that the company didn't necessarily have in place?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the 3 most important skills that are necessary for someone in this position?   Answer Question
    • What has been your experience with direct reporting?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had with shortage reports and exception reporting?   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your employees?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Round Rock, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Group Interview with 5 other persons with store director and floor manager with 15 and 11 years experience respectively. Very polite and courteous. Understanding and casual. The interview was held in the back room with chairs in a circle. Very low stress.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter calls you for a brief phone screening before you set up an in-person interview at the location to which you are applying.

However, note date, time, and person you spoke to on the phone. Sadly, something was lost in translation because I never got the in-person interview. The recruiter mistakenly thought we set up an actual date and time for me to come in and interview, but we did not. I only talked to the recruiter once and the recruiter thought she talked to me twice and that I missed the interview. So, always keep record of your interviews/conversations, etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager and got a call a couple days later to offer me the job and I started training he following week which was mostly watching videos