Old Navy Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.3

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

it went okay. my managers were polite , friendly , and funny. they made me feel welcomed to the job. after my interview, i got to meet other workers and we all sat in a room the second day , and got to know each other and watched videos . it was kind of tiring but fun at the same time.

Interview Questions

• what should you do if you se someone stealing from the store ?   1 Answer

Service and Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Independence, MO).

Interview

The interviews were ok the process wasn't the best. It took weeks to hear anything back or next steps. The posting I applied for was at one store and I interviewed at anther. It seems that their communication was lacking. I conduct one interview and didn’t hear anything back for days. I had a second interview and called back for another few weeks.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

generic questions. give generic answers that sound authentic. I called and asked to speak to manager directly. Thats how you get jobs in retail. Gave her my speech on the phone. Was brought in for an interview. Very Generic. If you cant answer their past experience questions you shouldnt be a retail manager.

Seasonal Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Bronx, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, and then one on one interview. Same night I was offered the job. All together the interview process was about 5 days. You must have a state I'D and social security card for hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Port Charlotte, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Group interviews. Extremely uncomfortable. Much like a session of group therapy. Role playing putting together an outfit and describing the merchandise. One guy put an outfit together and went on to describe why he would never wear the clothes. He was still hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

There wasn't much of a process. I met with the store manager for approximately 20 minutes. Was asked very basic questions. She was impressed that I wore clothing from the brand to the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Buford, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy laid back basic questions, like why do you wanna work here? theyll ask you about you'r previous work experience and thats really about it. just be honest and yourself with them and have a interest in fashion and youll do fine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied online, received a quick phone interview, then was to a market-wide group interview. At that interview, there were representatives from different stores throughout the market and we were broken up into smaller groups to interview with one person. After our small groups were done, we were free to go. The last interview was with a Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• General questions about managing a team and increasing production of store credit cards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked my expectation of pay, they said they were looking to pay between $18-$20, of course I asked for $20/hr but was offered $19. I found out later that the other manager that was hired at the same time was only give $18/hr.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Called in for an interview maybe a week after I applied. The interview process was fairly easy. The manager was nice and the environment was very welcoming. The interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. Was called back in approximately less than a week later to discuss pay. Was hired on spot after negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Very easy. Basic questions. Tell me about yourself. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable but u have to be stern and have a number in mind. (Don't get to ahead of yourself though)

Anonymous Employee in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Millbury, MA).

Interview

In order to submit a resume you must go to the Gapinc.com website to careers and submit a resume. Then you have to take a small assessment which is very easy (what kind of pants are these?) After about 2 weeks the resumes have made it from corporate down to the particular store you applied to. If the hiring/store manager approves and they need positions filled then they will give you a call and set up a time for a one-on-one interview.

Dress in something casual but do not have any brand names visible on your items of clothing. Make sure everything is neat and you look presentable. You then meet a manager who will take you around the store and discuss the goals of Old Navy and gauge your personality to see if you are a good fit. In my interview the manager made me greet customers and gave me one of the Old Navy shopping bags to see if I could get a customer to use it. I was successful in all fronts; however, if you aren't it doesn't jeopardize your interview too much. It's all about how you react to it; just keep smiling and you're all set.

If they liked you enough in that interview then they will call you back and interview you with another manager in the back-room/office. They ask you pretty straightforward questions, much like the ones in the online assessment. Most are common sense and others have to do with your personal sense of style. The rest of the questions deal with how you would act in certain situations: another associate is rude to a customer, another associate is stealing...etc.

Depending on how you do they will call you back within a couple of days. You go back along with a couple of other associates and they do all of the training. Overall it is one of the easiest interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question, at the time, was when they had asked me, "What would you do if you noticed that an associate is rude when dealing with a customer?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate as it was only a part-time position.