Old Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017
1,416 Interview Reviews

2.0

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager and then had to travel to another city to be interviewed by another employee who is currently in the same type of role I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Navy (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applications are filled out online and then selected when the store is ready to hire. One on one interview with a store level hiring manager. The interview was structured and used standard, typical behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to deliver great customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy in July 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview which I was initially nervous for but I ended up enjoying. It allowed me to loosen up since there was 6 of us with the interviewing manager. We were asked basic questions about the background of the company and then sent out into the store to make up an outfit for an event of our choosing. We then had to present the outfit and the different pieces involved (this was something I was nervous for because I typically am horrible and get stressed about any type of presentation but it went by quickly). It helped that the interviewer was extremely friendly and made everyone feel at ease.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Great interview. It was very casual and they didn't put us in any confusing situation. The interviewer even told us that she doesn't want to ask us any specific question but rather want us to have a normal conversation.
    In the end we all came out very nice and friendly with each other. It was so casual it felt like we made friends. I personally slept 2 hours the night before the interview but felt really good afterwards.
    But beside their friendly attitude toward us there was a very disappointing thing for me. I applied for the job around July 20th, a week later I went to the store to follow. Next day I receive a call from the manager I talked to, Scheduling an interview. I go to the interview and I wait another week and I don't hear back from them. I follow up and they call me back the next day telling me about the salary and the orientation. I go to the orientation and I mark my availability seven days a week. A few days later I receive my schedule through email, giving me 2 working days in the entire month, which is basically total of 8 hours! Im going to change my availability so I can apply for other jobs that would give me more than 8 hours a month.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Staten Island, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple group interview, talked about our experiences and how they could apply to the position. It was helpful being in a group environment because it lessened some of the stress but kind of strange because many of us were applying for different positions.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to bring in an item that meant something significant to us and talk about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

It took 20 minute interview, basic question interview. They only ask what is your availability. As well as previous employer. The manager ask me if I'm available for orientation the on Friday, I got interview on Wednesday. So they call me for orientation Saturday. Pretty fast job process.

Brand Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted in a group interview. There was about 10 of us. The interview was extremely easy. You have to bring an item that represents you and explain why you brought it and how it represents you. You also have to introduce yourself to everyone and lastly, you have to create an outfit based on the scenario they give you and explain why you picked that specific outfit.

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Goodyear, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, we just got to know eachother and learned about the company. I was seasonal when I was hired on so my interview was really easy.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I though of myself as fashionable. Then they had me put together an outfit.   Answer Question

Brand Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy in August 2017.

Interview

I applied about two weeks ago and I got a call from them yesterday. There was a very short interview on the phone and then later was asked to come in for an interview the following day. I went in and it was a 1 on 1 interview on the sales floor. It was mostly about how the store functions and the duties of the worker. After that, I was hired on the spot.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Navy (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was hired during a public hiring event where over 100 people came and they probably hired about 45 associates. It was very simple and only took about 30 minutes per group which was nice, and I received a letter on the way out of the door offering me a position and to report for training the following day.

Interview Questions

• What outfit can you put together with this item (and handed you a clothing item)?   1 Answer