Old Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017
1,338 Interview Reviews

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I applied online on a Tuesday, theres not much room to put skills and other stuff besides your resume. I applied and haven't heard anything back. It's been a week, but this would also be my first job so it's expected to get denied.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online via the Old Navy website and got a phone call the next day. The interview was held in the store's break room. I had to wait quite a while for the manager to come, but she was very nice and answered any questions I had.

Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Newport News, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief and simple ... Nothing to difficult to understand, but straight to the point. It was entertaining and I enjoyed all of the young woman I met during the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Bring an object.   1 Answer
    • You have 10 minutes to go on the floor and select an outfit. Describe why you chose that outfit and where you would where it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

they call u first, and if u pass the telephone interview, they'll schedule a group interview, it was very easy and relax. the manager brought a translator for me but I was able to speak in english.

Interview Questions

• tell more bout yourself
      choose one outfit
      1 Answer

Brand Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harker Heights, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (Harker Heights, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. It was a group interview and there was about 10 people. We were interviewed by the loss prevention manager and a merchandising manager. We had to bring in something that we're passionate about and explain to the group why we enjoy whatever it was. I was the only one that brought in something Im passionate about, everyone else brought in something with settlemental value and made a sob story out of it (which literally had nothing to do with what the manager asked of us). Then we had to go on the sales floor and pick an outfit that we found stylish or something that we could sell to customers and explain why we chose it. At the end, the manager pulled us aside and asked us what our availability is. She told me that I was definitely one of her top candidates but they were only looking for people overnight and for early in the mornings and the only reason it didnt work out was because Im still in school.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process took about two weeks. I got the call asking if I was interested in coming for an interview the next day. The interview ended up being a group interview, but the setting itself felt very laid back and relaxed. It felt as if I was just having a conversation with an old friend. The questions were very easy and the next day I received a call asking if I wanted to come in for a one on one interview. I really enjoyed the entire process.

Brand Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and about two months later I got an email that Old Navy was doing an open interview event. Since I still didn't have a job, and had past experience working at Old Navy in a seasonal position I decided to go. The manager did the interviews in groups of five at a time. She asked us to each give our names and an interesting fact about ourselves. After that we were timed to pick out a specific outfit in five minutes. Once we had the outfit picked out she told us to sell it to her, and give an example of one thing we would include and one thing we would take away from the outfit if we had to do it again. Then we put the clothes back and she assigned us to various parts of the store to work for a few minutes while she went around and watched. I thought it was strange that the manager didn't seem to want to discuss past work experience that may have been relevant to the job, so I'm not sure how I felt about that interview.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked us to put together an outfit and sell it to her.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to Old Navy around February and got called in March 23. It was a very fun interview, and super laid back. I came in nervous but ended up feeling as if I was with friends. I was interviewed by two managers, both were incredibly nice. In total the interview went on for about 30 minutes. By the end they told me they needed to do a background check. They offered me the Sales Associate position and I will be starting on Sunday.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to children running around the store while their parents are shopping?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Westminster, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online, and got a call that they wanted me to come in for an interview about 5 days later. It was a group interview; there were 6 people in my group and 2-3 managers. They asked us to bring in an item we were passionate about, and share it with the group. After we introduced ourselves, we went on a scavenger hunt to get to know the store. Instead of them asking us questions, we were told to ask them questions. I asked "what is the most rewarding and the most challenging part of the job." and "is there a minimum amount of hours we would need to meet each week." That was all we had to do. They did choose to have us ask questions as opposed to them asking us, so that may vary from interview to interview. The staff was very friendly and it seems like a lovely place to work.

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Carbondale, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with 4 other people. It was actually fun. We had to pair up with one or two people and learn about one another and learn 2-3 things we had in common then discuss it in front of everyone. Then we had to introduce ourselves in front of everyone. We also had to bring one item in that represents us and what we are passionate about. Then we had to go pick out an outfit and sell it to the interviewer. During that time, we also had to find out three benefits of opening an Old Navy credit card, either from google, the pamphlets in the store, or from an employee in the store. Super comfortable. I got a call a few days later for a second interview. The group interview was more about standing our and them getting to know your personality.