Old Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017
1,444 Interview Reviews

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Sat down with the Store Manager in the main part of the mall. Had about 20 minutes of questions. Received a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Old Navy?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday morning and got a call back for an interview later that same afternoon to set up an interview scheduled for two days later. LP Managers were transitioning (previous one leaving, new one coming in) were both present and extremely personable and easy to talk to. I applied for an LP Agent position which they explained to me was more of an intermediate position but they also had an LP Service Rep open that is more entry level and how I might be better fitted for it. I agreed and continued to show interest.

Questions for me began and I had the opportunity to ask them questions (ALWAYS DO ON AN INTERVIEW! MAKES A HUGE IMPRESSION!) I asked what does a typical day looks like in this position, they explained the duties expected and their importance, example of shift times, and what to do during down time to help produce results. I wish I would have asked about the training involved; training I would be receiving as an LPSR well as training I am expected to give to retail associates as needed. They also explained the dress code (khakis, black company polo and whatever comfortable shoes.)

The interview ended with saying they think I did very well on the interview and thanked me for my time as I thanked them for theirs. At the time of this review, I am still waiting for them to finish their round of interviews and then review them all. I was told they will contact me most likely by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• WORK EXPERIENCE:Tell us a little about yourself. (Followed by questions on my experience)   Answer Question
    • WORK EXPERIENCE: What experience do you have working with the LP team at any of your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Tell us about a time where things got out of hand and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Tell us about a time you had a guest/customer upset about a situation and how did you try to de-escalate it?   Answer Question
    • WORK EXPERIENCE/PERSONAL: Why are you now interested in getting into Loss Prevention if you've worked as a retail associate for some time?   1 Answer
    • PERSONAL: Tell us something about us that tells us about who you are? What do you do outside of work? Hobbies, interests, ect.   Answer Question
    • OBSERVATIONAL/ JUDGEMENT SKILLS: What kind of things do you things or behaviors do you think would be considered "red flag" activities?   1 Answer

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, they asked me my previous experience, my avalbilty, why I like to work there, why I would make a good team member, would I be willing to work early mornings and late nights.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly simple; I applied online, they called to set up an interview, and a few days after called back. The interview itself was pretty quick, they just asked me to tell them about myself and if I knew what responsibilities I would have.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy in July 2017.

Interview

Applied as a Sales Associate, was called about a week later and was asked just a few basic questions over the phone like availability, work experience, education, etc.
    Came in for an interview two days later, group interview with three people, and was given the job on the spot.

Brand Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Anderson, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I enjoyed the laid back feel and environment. However, I did have to wait a while to hear back from them after applying, even after calling to speak to the hiring manager. I applied at the end of May and didn't receive a call until the first week in July. During that call I spoke with the hiring manager and she basically interviewed me over the phone by asking me questions, my availability, and just kind of getting to know me. At the end of the phone call she invited me to come to an audition (interview) later that week. Unfortunately, I was out of town but she told me she would put my name at the top of the list for the next audition. A little while after the initial phone call, I received a call from her again asking me if I would be interested in coming to the next audition. I accepted the invitation and she told me to bring a passion item and to dress to impress.

I walked into Old Navy on the day of the interview (Wednesday) and let the cashier know that I was here. She told me to wait to the left of the registers in the mens section. There I found a small group of other people waiting for the interview as well. We all waited at the front until the hiring manager came to take us to the back.

Once we got in the back, we sat down and we got with a partner and had to introduce that person to the group. After introductions, the hiring manager went through information about working for Old Navy and the different positions available. Later on into the day she told us we had three minutes to go out onto the sales floor to pick out an outfit. Once everyone was back in the room with their outfits, we had to basically sell the garments to the hiring manager. Once that was over she continued on with just a couple of more details.

At the end of the audition, she let us know that we would hear from her by Saturday at the latest. I heard from her Friday afternoon and she said that she was very impressed by me at the audition and would like to offer me a position. I accepted and then got information on the upcoming on-boarding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Allen Park, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was short, probably about 10 minutes. However, I waited a long time for the hiring manager to call me up for my interview. It was also in the middle of the store which kinda made me nervous.

Brand Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Hamden, CT).

Interview

I was called in two days before for an impromptu phone interview. Then I was asked two come in for a group audition/interview and was told to bring something in that represents me. We were asked to do certain activities like a scavenger hunt, picking an outfit, and sharing our item(s) we brought. The audition took an hour. A few days later I was called in for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They were low on staff so the manager made me wait 15 minutes. But after that it was relaxed and he asked the typical questions. The exact store did not hire me but they sent me to a bigger store where there was more demand.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. It took 1 month for me to get an interview, when I did go it was in the back room. The interview was a group interview and it was short.