Old Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017
1,471 Interview Reviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It took them less than one week to call me in for an interview. The hiring manager said that it'd be super casual and she didn't lie one bit, I came in a polo type shirt and flats and it was fine. It went well so it only lasted about 10 minutes, if that.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think Old Navy's biggest competition is?   1 Answer
    • What's the best and worst team you've worked with? Why?   1 Answer
    • What was the best service you had in a store? What made it so special?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to wear?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Waco, TX).

Interview

It started as a group interview. They ask group question and tell you to go around the store pick some items and sale them to everyone. They call you back for a second one in one interview.

Brand Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later. When I arrived they did a pre screening where you sit one on one with a hiring managers. After I passed the screening , there was a group interview. Very light atmosphere almost like a conversation. We had to pick out an outfit for an event from the floor and explain why and the prices. After the group interview I had another solo interview with the senior manager where he basically just described the job and asked a few questions then he offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It happens on the sales floor and its very basic resume questions. Why do you want to work for Old Navy? Tell me a little about your resume? What is your availability during the holidays and is it flexible? Sell me this pen?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Sat down with the Store Manager in the main part of the mall. Had about 20 minutes of questions. Received a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Old Navy?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday morning and got a call back for an interview later that same afternoon to set up an interview scheduled for two days later. LP Managers were transitioning (previous one leaving, new one coming in) were both present and extremely personable and easy to talk to. I applied for an LP Agent position which they explained to me was more of an intermediate position but they also had an LP Service Rep open that is more entry level and how I might be better fitted for it. I agreed and continued to show interest.

Questions for me began and I had the opportunity to ask them questions (ALWAYS DO ON AN INTERVIEW! MAKES A HUGE IMPRESSION!) I asked what does a typical day looks like in this position, they explained the duties expected and their importance, example of shift times, and what to do during down time to help produce results. I wish I would have asked about the training involved; training I would be receiving as an LPSR well as training I am expected to give to retail associates as needed. They also explained the dress code (khakis, black company polo and whatever comfortable shoes.)

The interview ended with saying they think I did very well on the interview and thanked me for my time as I thanked them for theirs. At the time of this review, I am still waiting for them to finish their round of interviews and then review them all. I was told they will contact me most likely by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• WORK EXPERIENCE:Tell us a little about yourself. (Followed by questions on my experience)   Answer Question
    • WORK EXPERIENCE: What experience do you have working with the LP team at any of your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Tell us about a time where things got out of hand and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Tell us about a time you had a guest/customer upset about a situation and how did you try to de-escalate it?   Answer Question
    • WORK EXPERIENCE/PERSONAL: Why are you now interested in getting into Loss Prevention if you've worked as a retail associate for some time?   1 Answer
    • PERSONAL: Tell us something about us that tells us about who you are? What do you do outside of work? Hobbies, interests, ect.   Answer Question
    • OBSERVATIONAL/ JUDGEMENT SKILLS: What kind of things do you things or behaviors do you think would be considered "red flag" activities?   1 Answer

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, they asked me my previous experience, my avalbilty, why I like to work there, why I would make a good team member, would I be willing to work early mornings and late nights.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly simple; I applied online, they called to set up an interview, and a few days after called back. The interview itself was pretty quick, they just asked me to tell them about myself and if I knew what responsibilities I would have.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy in July 2017.

Interview

Applied as a Sales Associate, was called about a week later and was asked just a few basic questions over the phone like availability, work experience, education, etc.
    Came in for an interview two days later, group interview with three people, and was given the job on the spot.

Brand Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Anderson, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I enjoyed the laid back feel and environment. However, I did have to wait a while to hear back from them after applying, even after calling to speak to the hiring manager. I applied at the end of May and didn't receive a call until the first week in July. During that call I spoke with the hiring manager and she basically interviewed me over the phone by asking me questions, my availability, and just kind of getting to know me. At the end of the phone call she invited me to come to an audition (interview) later that week. Unfortunately, I was out of town but she told me she would put my name at the top of the list for the next audition. A little while after the initial phone call, I received a call from her again asking me if I would be interested in coming to the next audition. I accepted the invitation and she told me to bring a passion item and to dress to impress.

I walked into Old Navy on the day of the interview (Wednesday) and let the cashier know that I was here. She told me to wait to the left of the registers in the mens section. There I found a small group of other people waiting for the interview as well. We all waited at the front until the hiring manager came to take us to the back.

Once we got in the back, we sat down and we got with a partner and had to introduce that person to the group. After introductions, the hiring manager went through information about working for Old Navy and the different positions available. Later on into the day she told us we had three minutes to go out onto the sales floor to pick out an outfit. Once everyone was back in the room with their outfits, we had to basically sell the garments to the hiring manager. Once that was over she continued on with just a couple of more details.

At the end of the audition, she let us know that we would hear from her by Saturday at the latest. I heard from her Friday afternoon and she said that she was very impressed by me at the audition and would like to offer me a position. I accepted and then got information on the upcoming on-boarding.