Old Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2017
1,508 Interview Reviews

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Great interview. It was very casual and they didn't put us in any confusing situation. The interviewer even told us that she doesn't want to ask us any specific question but rather want us to have a normal conversation.
    In the end we all came out very nice and friendly with each other. It was so casual it felt like we made friends. I personally slept 2 hours the night before the interview but felt really good afterwards.
    But beside their friendly attitude toward us there was a very disappointing thing for me. I applied for the job around July 20th, a week later I went to the store to follow. Next day I receive a call from the manager I talked to, Scheduling an interview. I go to the interview and I wait another week and I don't hear back from them. I follow up and they call me back the next day telling me about the salary and the orientation. I go to the orientation and I mark my availability seven days a week. A few days later I receive my schedule through email, giving me 2 working days in the entire month, which is basically total of 8 hours! Im going to change my availability so I can apply for other jobs that would give me more than 8 hours a month.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Navy (Twin Falls, ID) in August 2017.

Interview

I loved how the interview process went! Compared to other ones, they made you feel confident and to be able to express who you are as a person! Not only did we discuss experiences and such, it was very warming to be able to talk about other things as we transitioned from question to question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Raleigh, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply Online. In person Interview with another person. They said they would call in a week to let us know the status of whether or not we were hired....never heard back.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call two days later. She asked me some basic questions on the phone (why Old Navy, when are you available), and then we scheduled an interview. I arrived for the interview 10 minutes early and there was one other person. We were taken to the side of the sales floor and taught some of the history behind the company. We were then told she would chat with the general manager and would hopefully have something set up by tomorrow. I received a call later that night to meet with the general manager in two days. I was there 15 minutes early and again there was one other girl there as well. The general manager introduced himself and pulled us each outside individually. He asked several questions, answered my own, then offered me a job on the spot. All in all, great exprecience, I appreciated the speed with which they went through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Old Navy?   2 Answers
    • What does integrity mean to you?   2 Answers
    • What does initiative mean to you?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite part of your last job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the best team you've been on.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It took them less than one week to call me in for an interview. The hiring manager said that it'd be super casual and she didn't lie one bit, I came in a polo type shirt and flats and it was fine. It went well so it only lasted about 10 minutes, if that.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think Old Navy's biggest competition is?   1 Answer
    • What's the best and worst team you've worked with? Why?   1 Answer
    • What was the best service you had in a store? What made it so special?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to wear?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Waco, TX).

Interview

It started as a group interview. They ask group question and tell you to go around the store pick some items and sale them to everyone. They call you back for a second one in one interview.

Brand Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later. When I arrived they did a pre screening where you sit one on one with a hiring managers. After I passed the screening , there was a group interview. Very light atmosphere almost like a conversation. We had to pick out an outfit for an event from the floor and explain why and the prices. After the group interview I had another solo interview with the senior manager where he basically just described the job and asked a few questions then he offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It happens on the sales floor and its very basic resume questions. Why do you want to work for Old Navy? Tell me a little about your resume? What is your availability during the holidays and is it flexible? Sell me this pen?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Sat down with the Store Manager in the main part of the mall. Had about 20 minutes of questions. Received a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Old Navy?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday morning and got a call back for an interview later that same afternoon to set up an interview scheduled for two days later. LP Managers were transitioning (previous one leaving, new one coming in) were both present and extremely personable and easy to talk to. I applied for an LP Agent position which they explained to me was more of an intermediate position but they also had an LP Service Rep open that is more entry level and how I might be better fitted for it. I agreed and continued to show interest.

Questions for me began and I had the opportunity to ask them questions (ALWAYS DO ON AN INTERVIEW! MAKES A HUGE IMPRESSION!) I asked what does a typical day looks like in this position, they explained the duties expected and their importance, example of shift times, and what to do during down time to help produce results. I wish I would have asked about the training involved; training I would be receiving as an LPSR well as training I am expected to give to retail associates as needed. They also explained the dress code (khakis, black company polo and whatever comfortable shoes.)

The interview ended with saying they think I did very well on the interview and thanked me for my time as I thanked them for theirs. At the time of this review, I am still waiting for them to finish their round of interviews and then review them all. I was told they will contact me most likely by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• WORK EXPERIENCE:Tell us a little about yourself. (Followed by questions on my experience)   Answer Question
    • WORK EXPERIENCE: What experience do you have working with the LP team at any of your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Tell us about a time where things got out of hand and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Tell us about a time you had a guest/customer upset about a situation and how did you try to de-escalate it?   Answer Question
    • WORK EXPERIENCE/PERSONAL: Why are you now interested in getting into Loss Prevention if you've worked as a retail associate for some time?   1 Answer
    • PERSONAL: Tell us something about us that tells us about who you are? What do you do outside of work? Hobbies, interests, ect.   Answer Question
    • OBSERVATIONAL/ JUDGEMENT SKILLS: What kind of things do you things or behaviors do you think would be considered "red flag" activities?   1 Answer