Old Navy Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Navy Operations Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Came into the store on day off, took into the office with GM. She explained the new store structure and my new position. I had until the end of the day to decide if I wanted to move forward in this position. If not I was to consider this my 2 week notice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Either I took the job or I was being let go.

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Operation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Always wear old navy clothes for the interview. Jeans or khakis are appropriate with a nice blouse or polo shirt for the men. They will call you for interviews do not call them. The interviews are a bit unorthodox with games and picking out clothing. There is a phone interview, then an audition, then a final interview with the Store Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Was easy and enjoyable

Interview Questions

• What I hate about my current position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very smooth

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Luis Obispo, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Went and introduced myself and got an interview scheduled with the store manager that night. After two weeks passed I got a call for a second interview and interviewed with the assistant manager who was recently promoted to that position from the Operations Manager. Then another two weeks passed and I got another call that I got the job and had the credit check and everything else to look forward to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you missed a deadline. How did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Anderson, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

For a grade 7 position with the company, I went through 3 interviews. One with an outside store manager, one with an outside district manager + different store manager, and a final with my store manager. Interview questions pertain to management decisions and experiences, not necessarily job specific.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process took two days. The first interview was a group interview where the hiring manager got to know everyone better. Each potential employee brought something that was important to us. During the group interview we also created outfits. The second interview was one on one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Lawrence, KS) in July 2010.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks to get a call back from the store manager to come interview. I had applied for this position from our internal job postings and had above all the level of experience, education and reviews. I went in to interview with the store manager and at first all she wanted to talk about was why I was not using my degree by going into a field more closely associated with it. Then we proceeded with questions about situations I had experienced in the store. Unruly customers, when did I think I had gone above and beyond in customer service, how many Old Navy cards I had gotten in the last week, how often I was meeting my Old Navy card goal, how would I respond to an integrity issue at work, and what my strengths/weaknesses were and what my managers had said in my latest review. Many of the questions were similar about experiences and how I dealt with them. After that she asked if I had any questions and then went on to tell me more about her store. She told me how particular she is about the people that work for her, how much she valued the staff she already had and did not want to integrate someone that may not be a perfect fit. She made it sound like this interview was merely to cover all her bases and that she had already decided on an in-house candidate from her store. She was very nice but said that she had been through a lot of interviews already and that this was just one more she had to do.

Interview Questions

• How often had I negatively affected my stores sales goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harriman, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy (Harriman, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Old Navy wants people who are very energetic and driven. They get very personal with you. They want to know who you are outside of work as well. They want to know if you are flexible with hours and have the drive to make results happen.

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (Billings, MT) in August 2009.

Interview

I was an internal canitdate and applied online. Everything went smoothly until the GM was fired then I had to wait a long time to even get a call back. I finally had an interview with the new store manager and was hired. Love the job and very rewarding career in retail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Lasted about 45 minutes. The store manager at the time was very relaxed and fun guy. Got called in for a 1:1 interview, then had to do 2 phone interviews one with a manager from another store and the other with the district manager. Once passed through, you then have to past a background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

got offered 15.83 tapped out at 18.00 so it was what I was wanting at the time, coming out of College